Morton away vs. East Fife - Page 10 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton away vs. East Fife

capitanus

It's very relevant mate. They handed an inexperienced manager, in his first job, a two year contract.

If they handed him a 2 year deal and he done a good job and left for pennies they'd have been slated too. After what happened with the snake, it's not as if its a crazy decision - it was to see out the season and a season after that.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they handed him a 2 year deal and he done a good job and left for pennies they'd have been slated too. After what happened with the snake, it's not as if its a crazy decision - it was to see out the season and a season after that.

'left for pennies' 

What are you gibbering about mate?

Fact is, he got a better deal than an experienced manager in McKinnon and he has been one of the worst Managers we have had under the Rae’s....and there have been a few.

The football has been awful and it has now gotten embarrassing.

It's very relevant mate. They handed an inexperienced manager, in his first job, a two year contract.

Agreed. They've appointed a guy whose only experience with senior squads has essentially been ceremonial - a player with 100 caps and coaching badges is guaranteed to be involved with the national team, and his stint at Rangers seems to have been by dint of being a well known face who isn't John Brown - who has proven from day one that he's utterly incompetent and given him a 2 year deal. It's absolutely valid to question that, but the flaws run much deeper.

For so long the same malaise has lingered over Cappielow, and that has to be the board's responsibility. This is simply another manifestation of the tolerance, if not outright encouragement of mediocrity and failure that's defined the club since the turn of the century.

How is it that Alloa, for example, seem to have a decent record of appointing good managers? Why is that we keep appointing the people who are patently incapable of taking the club forward? Once or twice could be bad luck, but when it keeps happening and when you keep allowing them to stay long after their sell-by date has expired, the only conclusion left to draw is that it reflects the board's attitudes and shortcomings.

AWMSC

Fact is, he got a better deal than an experienced manager in McKinnon and he has been one of the worst Managers we have had under the Rae’s....and there have been a few.

The football has been awful and it has now gotten embarrassing.

Maybe the snake requested the one year rolling deal, so it would be easier to slither away?

Morton manager Jonatan Johansson: "We knew it would be tough, but I was surprised by how quickly they cancelled our goal out.

"I don't feel under pressure - it comes with what I do. I understand the fans frustration and I feel the same way. I totally accept responsibility and I am with them on this."

Dunning is going to be knackered by the time he summarises this mess.

Planning to the start the post while still drinking and finish about the time the hangover clears up.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

I understand the fans frustration and I feel the same way. I totally accept responsibility and I am with them on this."

Some serious self-loathing to deal with there.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

We canny do the basics Ie Defend Cross Balls in to Our Box & powderpuff up Front its a bad mixture & the Player's are as much to blame as the Man in the Dugout that Goal was coming & it all starts at McAlister who loses the Ball for a stupid throw near the Corner Flag.. What happens now who knows the Season could just drift away or We could find ourselves at the Wrong end... Poor all round

maybe a blessing in disgiuse as we can concentrate pn the league now and we could still be in the playoffs folk are quite right to be raging mind you

The only way this result can work out as a blessing in disguise which helps us in the league is if Johansson resigns and we get a competent manager to salvage the season.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

I assume he got it stinking at the game? Hopefully Crawford takes note.

Crawford had the good fortune to miss the game today as he was ill - his son attended.

Was there a shame game?

It was warming up with 10/15 minutes to go. At full-time, JJ could not scuttle up the tunnel quickly enough. A number of the players were getting it tight and Millar was none too happy as he moped off the park. The fans have been here so often they are however struggling to get up the energy for a proper shame game. 

Unless we get dragged into the relegation battle our season is now over.

The only way this result can work out as a blessing in disguise which helps us in the league is if Johansson resigns and we get a competent manager to salvage the season.

if he turns it round he'll be the best thing since sliced bread agian - mark my words our fans are very fickel

Archived