Scottish Independence---yes---or---no - Page 2 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Scottish Independence---yes---or---no

tigerjock

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lets have a quick snapshot of the posters on here............

If it means you being barred from crossing the border that is definate yes then.

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

Guest Robert the Bruce
Yes.

Has this not been done before on here?

:rolleyes:

Several times.

I would after some serious thought vote, Aye.

Guest Robert the Bruce
If only it was as cut and dried as that.Some of us have pensions etc tied up with the British Government and nothing official has ever been forthcoming from the pro independence movement on this.

If the settlement is agreed before the vote to see what we're going to end up with and what we have to compensate the rest of the UK with, it becomes easier to decide.

Until then it has to be no from me.

The pensions thing was posted on here before, the pension you have paid into will be ok.

Why would we compensate the UK, we have been paying in to it since day dot? Blood, sweat and money and got very little back.

Why don't you just say No if that is the way you would vote and drop the bull-s***e. :angry:

Guest Robert the Bruce
I say yes, but also a giant "f*ck you" to that.

I wouldn't vote SNP if you paid me.

The question is about Scots independence not about any party you vote for!

The question is about Scots independence not about any party you vote for!

My comment was.

Sorry for derailing it. :(

But relevant nevertheless: independence will nee a healthy SNP position in Parliament - combine all independent votes for maximum impact. :)

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

The pensions thing was posted on here before, the pension you have paid into will be ok.

Why would we compensate the UK, we have been paying in to it since day dot? Blood, sweat and money and got very little back.

Why don't you just say No if that is the way you would vote and drop the bull-s***e. :angry:

Pensions have been mentioned before BUT nothing official has ever been said by the SNP or other Independence minded parties.

Why would we have to compensate the UK.Look on it as a divorce - there is always a settlement regardless of who bought or supplied what during a relationship. The break up of the UK will be no different.

Its not bulls*** matey if - they can show a settlement before a vote that I think will be of benefit to Scotland then I will vote for it regardless of how f***in angry you want to get. :rolleyes:

Guest midTONs
Why would we have to compensate the UK.Look on it as a divorce - there is always a settlement regardless of who bought or supplied what during a relationship. The break up of the UK will be no different.

I will be expecting Scotland to be compensated then.

Guest Robert the Bruce
Pensions have been mentioned before BUT nothing official has ever been said by the SNP or other Independence minded parties.

Its not bulls*** matey if - they can show a settlement before a vote that I think will be of benefit to Scotland then I will vote for it regardless of how f***in angry you want to get. :rolleyes:

Its nothing to do with the SNP or other independence minded parties thats maybe why its an EU policy on pensions.

What a load of pish. Why would we compensate the UK, why would it not be the UK compensating us. Incase you don't know we pay for defence and all the other dis-United Kingdom things but like i said you should just cut the bulls***e.

Its nothing to do with the SNP or other independence minded parties thats maybe why its an EU policy on pensions.

What a load of pish. Why would we compensate the UK, why would it not be the UK compensating us. Incase you don't know we pay for defence and all the other dis-United Kingdom things but like i said you should just cut the bulls***e.

Maybe I've not made myself clear enough for you. On the break up of the UK there will be a settlement. That settlement will split up all currently shared assets - defence,oil etc etc.When I see what Scotlands share of this asset division is, I will decide whether or not to vote for Independence.

Its not bulls***e its my opinion - I've reached it by being able to use my braincells to think for myself.I'm quite fortunate in being able to respect other peoples opinions even when I dont agree with them- you might like to give it a try sometime ;)

Guest Robert the Bruce
Maybe I've not made myself clear enough for you. On the break up of the UK there will be a settlement. That settlement will split up all currently shared assets - defence,oil etc etc.When I see what Scotlands share of this asset division is, I will decide whether or not to vote for Independence.

Its not bulls***e its my opinion - I've reached it by being able to use my braincells to think for myself.I'm quite fortunate in being able to respect other peoples opinions even when I dont agree with them- you might like to give it a try sometime ;)

I never hold my opinion back and independence is about more than money, something you obviously don't get. A settlement as you say will come with Independence but you say we will have to pay the UK, why? Plus, 85% of the OIL is in Scottish waters by international law, do you seriously think the English will question something their American neighbours use to the extreme?

I never hold my opinion back and independence is about more than money, something you obviously don't get. A settlement as you say will come with Independence but you say we will have to pay the UK, why? Plus, 85% of the OIL is in Scottish waters by international law, do you seriously think the English will question something their American neighbours use to the extreme?

RtB glad that you dont hold back your opinion on this matter - I would think less of you if you did. Call me shallow but while its about more than money to you, its the driving factor for me - shallow I know but thats life.

While I agree that the oil figure of 85% was agreed in principle when the SNP got the various experts to look at their independence case a couple of years ago, I would fully expect any new or proposed new English government to challenge it. Lets face it if the boot was on the other foot would you walk away without a fight?

Its very rare to here of couples divorcing and one of the parties walking away with nothing especially from the biggest cash cow avaiable to said parties.

If Scotland does get the full 85% in its waters then the chances of my yes vote increase.

Archived