morton v ayr - Page 11 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

morton v ayr

beetee

The thing is I still liked Kenny Shiels  :blush: .

Regardless, the point is about the standard of squad inherited. No one can deny that Shiels inherited a squad of absolutely dreadful duds while Johansson didn’t, yet Johansson has only managed six more points over the same number of games.

He really has no redeeming features whatsoever. We were mostly all enthused by the idea of someone outwith the usual merry go round of managers after the manner of McKinnon’s departure and four years of Duffy; if the plucky little Morton attitude was so prevalent among  managers like that we had to go outwith it to progress. It’s just a shame we’ve ended up with someone far worse for it.

Say what you like about Duffy’s attitude or even Jim McInally’s ‘can’t fault the boys for effort’ spiel. There is no other Morton manager, at least in my lifetime, who would have had the sheer audacity to turn around after that performance on Saturday and talk about ‘progress’. What level of self-delusion do you need to talk about being ‘pleased’ with a ‘good performance’ after that dross?

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think a great deal of his "the new players will take a while" patter either. Why the fuck should we be allowing other team's players time to settle in? These players should first and foremost improve our team, we shouldn't be writing off games until loan players get up to speed. 

You won't get more from Dykes because he's clearly rubbish, you won't get much from O'Connell if you wait more than a game and a half to play him and you won't get much from Dallas if you play him out wide. Whether players need to bed in or not is by the by, but if you're not using them properly you don't really get to use it as an excuse.

It's also a bit dubious to be singling Tumility out for the shambles at Tannadice. Dundee United were getting loads of joy down the wings because of a totally disjointed team selection and set-up first and foremost, it's a bit off to point the finger at a player when the main share of the blame is yours.

AWMSC

I don't think there's many Morton fans that didn't say something along the lines of 'wish him all the best, seems a genuinely nice guy, hope he does well' around JJ's appointment.

Who would have thought he'd have turned utterly despisable so quickly.

Archived