St Johnstone vs Morton Scottish Cup 4th Round - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

St Johnstone vs Morton Scottish Cup 4th Round

Jamie_M

Don’t deserve anything for giving away such soft as shite goals.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a smash and grab btw. They're mince and have hardly had the ball.

^^^ delusional

We certainly had enough chances to score one but didn’t actually play well IMO, were ropey at the back throughout and deserved to lose comfortably in the end. Bringing on Millar for what seemed like a token, glorified testimonial runaround was pathetic as well. It was less of an Easter Road style slugfest and more a predictable shanfest.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Absolutely everyone who looked at that starting XI assumed it would be 3-5-2 with Tumilty & Strapp as wing backs and Cadden playing off Muirhead, because that was the only possible sensible set up with those eleven players.

Some laugh for Hopkin to send them out in a flat 4-5-1 with Welsh still being hung out to dry at right back and Tumilty on the right wing. That is insanity and regardless of not directly contributing to goals Welsh predictably had a nightmare.

You’ve got a right back now, play him in his natural position and stop hanging a teenage centre back who blatantly can’t play there out to dry every week. It doesn’t do either Welsh or Tumilty any favours and I wouldn't have been surprised to see Celtic take Welsh back before Hopkin does any more damage by continuing to have him torn to bits asking him to play a role he can’t. Most importantly, it just makes us a worse team and everyone else can see that.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsFzwkaPZtk 

Going from the highlights, our ball retention was decent but we created nothing with it. Possession is pretty meaningless at this level of football unless there's a purpose to it. The first goal we're too soft letting the ball go down the left in the build up then too slow to get out when it breaks to the edge of the box. It's the same story for the third goal, we just looked a bit lethargic and indecisive. I dare say St Johnstone were happy enough to let us have the ball safe in the knowledge they could cut us open on the counter and that we lacked any real cutting edge going forward. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Archived