What do you hate about Morton? - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

What do you hate about Morton?

vikingTON

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given that the ‘I love my club’ thread predictably died on its arse after a couple of pages of largely meaningless fluff, it’s worth granting the much stronger, opposite sentiment a thread of its own. Think of it as a common venting chamber for all that is and has been abysmal, disgraceful or just plain pathetic at this once-proud football club that its custodians should be striving to resolve at once.

I’ll kick us off:

- The fact that a stupid, wee, tinpot outfit like Livingston, possessing a fraction of this club’s core and potential fanbase, started the current decade in the Third Division and finish it sitting fifth in the Premiership; while in the same period a parade of Morton managers have tried to claim that a midtable finish or mere survival in the second tier is the most that supporters should ever hope to witness at Cappielow.

Your turn.

There was a good reason behind that thread and it was created with the best of intentions. You are probably aware of the 'alternative' forum created by Gordon Dyer because he got barred from here. Now, I'm in favour of as many Morton websites as possible, and have been supportive of many over the years too, however all that one ever seems to do is rubbish the club in a way that seems to give pleasure to the handful of people who use it. Granted, there isn't much positive that eminates from the club - Crawfordjag and his siblings seem hell-bent on undoing any goodwill between the fans and support which his father estblished; David Hopkin looks on course to be the worst manager in Morton's history; we are paying one of the most expensive season ticket prices in the second tier; many of the players we are watching are fourth raters at best and much much more. If guys like yourself, Ray Von or LargsTon are saying it's grim, I can respect your opinion - after all, you support the club and are there at the games regularly - you are not just some dick who logs onto a forum, pollutes the place with your drivel, professes to be a supporter because you once had a PA15 postcode and remember Bobby Thomson from days of yore.

More people from here will have seen Graham McLennan of MCT at games than will have seen Gordon Dyer or Ernie Newall at Morton games, and very few people (if any) had ever seen or heard of him before he came up with that idea of his. Go figure.

*insert signature here*

Right, whose alias is this attention seeking chopper?

4/7 Gordon

6/4 cornbeef

5/1 Zhivago

25/1 Bawheid

66/1 Ernie

BetBrennan is the Forum's ONLY certified and trusted bookmaker. 

Still, £25 on Bawheid please. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Yes its now more habitual going than fan following

Surely the 2020's can't be as bad. I hope this forum dies before it kills the club.

How is this forum (or any forum for that matter) ever likely to kill the club?

*insert signature here*

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure it could kill our club but it's certainly not helping our case. i don't really get what some of our posters are trying to achieve by lambasting Hopkin and our players,

The thread is title "What do you hate about Morton?"  NOT "What do you hate about the current Morton team, manager, chairman etc?"

I'm not sure it could kill our club but it's certainly not helping our case. i don't really get what some of our posters are trying to achieve by lambasting Hopkin and our players,

I don't really get what you're trying to achieve by posting cretinous drivel on a regular basis, but here we are.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

https://www-glasgowtimes-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/18168241.amp/?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQCKAE%3D#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.glasgowtimes.co.uk%2Fsport%2F18168241.salford-city-prepare-swoop-greenock-morton-midfielder-reece-lyon%2F

Here's something worth considering. We are forever pleading poverty, but we will most likely let a promising youngster go for the first bid of £50k whereas clubs like Falkirk seem to get respectable six figure sums for their youngsters.

If Crawfordjag gets anything less than £400k for this young guy, I'm calling shenanigans on it. There will be brown paper bags and motorway service stations involved.

*insert signature here*

https://www-glasgowtimes-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/18168241.amp/?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQCKAE%3D#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.glasgowtimes.co.uk%2Fsport%2F18168241.salford-city-prepare-swoop-greenock-morton-midfielder-reece-lyon%2F

Here's something worth considering. We are forever pleading poverty, but we will most likely let a promising youngster go for the first bid of £50k whereas clubs like Falkirk seem to get respectable six figure sums for their youngsters.

If Crawfordjag gets anything less than £400k for this young guy, I'm calling shenanigans on it. There will be brown paper bags and motorway service stations involved.

Also worth considering what happens with any money we do get. MCT money paid for a contract extension so would profit go to them or to offset other losses?

Probably a tricky one to answer but when the aim is to raise money for the playing budget only then it's a bit of grey area they'll need to deal with.

MCT has no claim to any of the club’s transfer fees and only an absolute moron would think otherwise.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Also worth considering what happens with any money we do get. MCT money paid for a contract extension so would profit go to them or to offset other losses?

Probably a tricky one to answer but when the aim is to raise money for the playing budget only then it's a bit of grey area they'll need to deal with.[/quote/]

Apart from that being absolutely not the case, how would MCT getting a share of the money work?

Probably a tricky one to answer but when the aim is to raise money for the playing budget only then it's a bit of grey area they'll need to deal with.

The money would belong to the club, and it would be the proprietors of that club who will decide where that money ends up. Not an ill-conceived fringe organisation whose only purpose is to donate money to a commercial enterprise as though it is a charity, in order to allow the club's rich owners to abdicate their rightful responsibilities of ownership.

Vicodin is right, anyone who would think otherwise is a complete fucking dullard.

*insert signature here*

If MCT are getting a share of future transfers I'm piling into it right now, only a matter of time until we find the Whinhill Xavi and get a 20% sell-on from Nottingham Forest.

Absolutely no club in the SPFL would accept a relationship wherein a body without liability for the club's affairs can profit from its transfers, because that's utter, utter madness. If MCT were to share in the profits they would also share in the liabilities, which they don't, except inasmuch as they have a share in Greenock Morton FC Ltd.

This kind of transfer relationship exists only in emerging nations like Uruguay or Portugal. It's third-party ownership by another name and is strictly verboten in its raw form, meaning that only extremely complex arrangements can be used to manage it. This isn't what MCT is doing.

This is actually the second time I've heard it mentioned, though, and I'm wondering where this utter insanity has come from.

EOho8Pw.png

The money would belong to the club, and it would be the proprietors of that club who will decide where that money ends up. Not an ill-conceived fringe organisation whose only purpose is to donate money to a commercial enterprise as though it is a charity, in order to allow the club's rich owners to abdicate their rightful responsibilities of ownership.

Vicodin is right, anyone who would think otherwise is a complete fucking dullard.

I'm not suggesting that they get the money but that the model is flawed.

If their money just goes into the playing fund and after a few months one of the players is sold on, then the members money is in the hands of the club who can do what they want with it. They've been pretty clear that shouldn't happen with the money but is an obvious potential scenario when that chain of events happens.

When they're talking about potential ownership then they need to rethink the strategy of just saying every penny goes to the playing budget.

As you say, without any sort of influence it can be perceived as just charity so, if their ownership intentions are serious, having a rethink about how the members money is used is needed.

Even without the Van Schaik and King signings being considered, in Lyon's case they've covered wages of a player who hasn't really played anyway.

MCT money goes straight into first team budget. Insisting on how the manager used the money goes into a whole different realm.

Whether Lyon has played much is not the point either.

The results of the fan survey will require a response from the club, given MCT are a major shareholder. Whether you believe it is reflective of the whole support is another matter.

MCT money goes straight into first team budget. Insisting on how the manager used the money goes into a whole different realm.

Whether Lyon has played much is not the point either.

The results of the fan survey will require a response from the club, given MCT are a major shareholder. Whether you believe it is reflective of the whole support is another matter.

I'm not saying they should insist on how the manager spends it.

The point is that the members have put in tens of thousands of pounds that was for the playing budget only. There's been dodgy signings and if another goes then and the club presumably use the fee on debt and don't reinvest in the team/club then there's not been any real benefit in the members investment.

I get theres an agreement where debt will be reduced as they donate more but I think the debt would have been negotiated away anyway through any bid to take over.

Archived