MORTON v Queen Of The South Sat 14 Dec - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

MORTON v Queen Of The South Sat 14 Dec

Ton4life

Apparently the players are training on it so they can't have thought there was a problem.

Nice try, except that i) the brains' trust at Cappielow aren't exactly known for exercising good judgment right now and ii) they don't need to use every inch of the playing surface to train their playing squad. In order to fulfil a fixture though, either all of the pitch is playable or none of it is. 

The leaden response of the ball when chucked onto the main stand strip of the park - not to mention the ridiculous gully of water along the touchline side itself - is more than enough to render a pitch waterlogged and unplayable at anything above rank junior level. If club officials genuinely though that was acceptable then we're even more tinpot that I thought possible. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any real need for the club to be tweeting a picture of the players training on the pitch after the decision? We get that they’re not happy with the decision, but are they trying to prove some sort of a point, here?

Appears pretty juvenile.

It's possible that the central areas are fine and it's just the wide areas that are the problem, which would explain it being useable for training but not playing.

Also, given that our tactics largely revolve round aimless hoofs into the corner it's hard to see what Hopkin is complaining about. It's quite clear from the video that those areas are sodden.

AWMSC

Guy from the Tele seems to be agreeing it was a bad decision

Well I guess we should find out what the ball boys and the pie stall women have got to say about it as well. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Well I guess we should find out what the ball boys and the pie stall women have got to say about it as well.

Good idea. Certainly give a more informed view on the issue than the gormless speculation on "themortonforum.com"

Good idea. Certainly give a more informed view on the issue than the gormless speculation on "themortonforum.com"

'Gormless speculation' sounds a wee bit harsh on your entire posting 'contribution' IMO, but then again you did vote for Mark Russell and Michael Doyle as the best full-backs of the entire decade. As you were then. 

'Gormless speculation' sounds a wee bit harsh on your entire posting 'contribution' IMO, but then again you did vote for Mark Russell and Michael Doyle as the best full-backs of the entire decade. As you were then.

Patter 👏

Gormless speculation or embarrassing posturing from the club and uninformed grandstanding from local press guy?

The clip from Jane Lewis on twitter really is evidence enough.

This is the club's fault and they are drying to duck out of it as per.

Correct.

Gormless speculation or embarrassing posturing from the club and uninformed grandstanding from local press guy?

While I would agree that the club should have done a much better job of this, the pitch doesn't actually seem too bad in that clip. I'm assuming it was worse in other parts.

The tele guy was there so not that uninformed.

So were the ball boys who have about as much authority on this or any other call as 'the Tele guy'. In fact they've arguably got more credibility, seeing as they don't have to pretend to agree with whatever the club's current meltdown is in order to still do their job. 

So were the ball boys who have about as much authority on this or any other call as 'the Tele guy'. In fact they've arguably got more credibility, seeing as they don't have to pretend to agree with whatever the club's current meltdown is in order to still do their job.

Aye, OK.

I don't mean uninformed in that way. I know he was there. His understanding of how the decision was reached to postpone the game is what I am saying is uninformed. The fact that the ref never had his boots on was the reason he gave, suggesting that the grip boots would give would make a difference? He then throws out a comment that he can't back up saying the ref never wanted the game to go ahead anyway. Not the best journalism is it?

The test of whether a pitch is playable or not, isn't determined by whether you have boots on or not. It is actually fairly simple. As any junior referee, far less a Grade 1 or a professional league referee could tell you. If the game was in any doubt a local referee could have been making pitch inspections from about 9 this morning.

Two Uniteds but the soul is one, as the Busby Babes carry on.

Archived