Hamilton Accies Hit By Fraud - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Hamilton Accies Hit By Fraud

Some pish-stained jakey will currently be pulling their **** out of their greyhound to start blogging about the fraud as we speak.

Ed's private jet just touched down at Edinburgh, he's en route to NDP now (via Harthill services for a Ginsters and to leave a negative TripAdvisor review if the staff don't address him as Sir.) I reckon he'll have this one solved by lunchtime tomorrow, breaking his previous best.

EOho8Pw.png

Good, GIRFU them.

Hopefully the beginning of their plunge to 'Airdrieonians' levels of gubbins insignificance.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Ed's private jet just touched down at Edinburgh, he's en route to NDP now (via Harthill services for a Ginsters and to leave a negative TripAdvisor review if the staff don't address him as Sir.) I reckon he'll have this one solved by lunchtime tomorrow, breaking his previous best.

At least I have never lived in a phone box or survived on cornflakes and water.

At least I have never lived in a phone box or survived on cornflakes and water.

No idea what 'Ernie Newall's sobering up routine before the Cupar Keystore opens at 10am' has to do with this thread. Fail.

Get back in your box.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

It really should go without saying but this is why you should always make an outward call directly to the bank, rather than accept an inward call.

The banks are in large part to blame for this because as well as using external URLs (such as securesuite) they also sometimes use hidden or remote phone numbers.

EOho8Pw.png

GMFC being incompetent and entirely unresponsive to e-commerce may have a benefit after all.

No idea what 'Ernie Newall's sobering up routine before the Cupar Keystore opens at 10am' has to do with this thread. Fail.

Get back in your box.

The chap in question is on record as saying he would never turn his back on someone who asks for help. Thought you might have done some research and looked at Edencrest Ltd which controls Hamilton and who controls that following the recent changes.

Would have thought that any Scottish club not in overdraft would not have large somes sitting in short term accounts unless this is indeed specific targeting of place money which would require some inside knowledge on timing.

large somes

^^^ idiot found

The chap in question is on record as saying he would never turn his back on someone who asks for help. Thought you might have done some research and looked at Edencrest Ltd which controls Hamilton and who controls that following the recent changes.

Would have thought that any Scottish club not in overdraft would not have large somes sitting in short term accounts unless this is indeed specific targeting of place money which would require some inside knowledge on timing.

I thought it has been reported as a phishing scam targeting all clubs in Scotland. Hamilton are not the only victims with Hearts getting a mention and more yet to break cover.

How's Ernie?

I thought it has been reported as a phishing scam targeting all clubs in Scotland. Hamilton are not the only victims with Hearts getting a mention and more yet to break cover.

No need to confuse him with facts, Ed "would have thought" it was an inside job, that's all he needs to go off.

EOho8Pw.png

Phishing scams target accounts which are well in credit. Most business current accounts run as near as possible to the overdraft limit with any real funds being in longer term investment accounts on which notice is required and probably director level sign off. Hamilton’s 2016 BS showed it had £250k in credit so they were not as broke as most clubs. Trump may laugh but the timing of this especially with Annan suggests the fraudsters new when the place money was hitting clubs bank accounts.

Hamilton’s new man could turn out to be a Brooks or a Hugh.

Phishing scams target accounts which are well in credit. Most business current accounts run as near as possible to the overdraft limit with any real funds being in longer term investment accounts on which notice is required and probably director level sign off. Hamilton’s 2016 BS showed it had £250k in credit so they were not as broke as most clubs. Trump may laugh but the timing of this especially with Annan suggests the fraudsters new when the place money was hitting clubs bank accounts.

Hamilton’s new man could turn out to be a Brooks or a Hugh.

I concur but money being paid out from central HQ was/is hardly a secret. A number of clubs have already owned up to getting phished which would suggest a more general issue than being so specific in regard to Hamilton's emperor. 

Maybe after all it was left in the back of a taxi.

Archived