Hopkin Appointed - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Hopkin Appointed

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Delighted with that. Did such a good job with Livvy and was gutted when we lost out on him last time around at the very last minute.

Lot of pressure on him to replicate what he did with Livvy but I'm sure he is up to it. I would imagine the budget will still be decent enough to build a team to challenge for top 4. I suspect that will be his target. Hopefully DU go up and there is no obvious big team in the league making it wide open.

With Alloa and Arbroath in the league, we really shouldn't be concerning ourselves with relegation. Queens/Raith shouldn't worry us and Dunfemline seem fecked again so I fully expect us to have a solid season and certainly challenge for a top 4 finish.

If we can convince Tidser to stay now, that would be huge!

I guess the club will know they wont sell as many season tickets as last year but as long as we start the recruitment process well and there are clear signs of a decent team being built, I'm more than happy to sign up for one again.

Welcome home big man!

Hoppys at the wheel

Tell me how good does it feel

We'll have Tidser, wee Midge and McHugh

But we'll still fuck it up like we do

Doo doo dooo and so on

Two Uniteds but the soul is one, as the Busby Babes carry on.

Surely, surely they're going to have to back him with some cash? I don't mean crazy money, but something beyond the starvation rations that have been alluded to.

EOho8Pw.png

Great news. Looking forward to see who he can bring in, and thankfully appointed early to give him the best chance of recruiting well.

As said already, first signing Tidser please.

Surely, surely they're going to have to back him with some cash? I don't mean crazy money, but something beyond the starvation rations that have been alluded to.

I wouldn't have thought he'd have took it if there wasn't enough to do a job.

The whole sustainability thing has been made a bit of a dirty word though. We shouldn't be spending more than we can afford and if steps are being taken to ensure that's happening but making sure we're bringing more money in then I think the fans would be on board. The problem has been the focus (externally anyway) has been about cutting costs so the perception is bad.

I would imagine there must be the promise of cash from somewhere. Whether that’s through the fans thing, the new investor thing or a completely other thing, there MUST be something. Otherwise he has taken on a job with a crazy high chance of serious failure when you consider the low funds the club are supposedly going to be working with next season.

I do get what he achieved at Livi but just because he has done it doesn’t mean that he should or would want to do it again. I mean, there are other options out there for him so you would think something made him jump into our scary mess.

3 years is a bold commitment for a club on the bones of its arse. The last two appointments appear to be more considered than some of the smoke and mirrors merchants we've been lumbered with recently and raises the possibility that we may finally be trying to reverse the decline.

Certainly makes me feel a bit more interested in the MCT thing 

Wonder what he means about being based at cappielow from now on? Training etc?

Did wonder that but surely that’d wreck the pitch?

He speaks really highly of the club, and i think it’s great having a supporter managing us. Positive words from him to start with anyway.

I don't think it means training as such. I'd guess it's something along the lines of bringing back identity to the club and the town. He says people will know what the club means.

Good article. He's positive and ambitious. No more running us down about the budget.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Archived