General Football - Weird Results And Other Things Worth Sharing - Page 19 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

General Football - Weird Results And Other Things Worth Sharing

TRVMP

Celtic as a club really have to answer for this. They've been stoking the fires of ref-related hysteria among the more suggestible of their fans for years now.

The problem is though, they don't really need to answer to it. Celtic and Rangers are answerable to their fans and apologists, nobody else.

They've created a bunker mentality and cultivated it down generations, with their fans absolutely lapping it up. It helps them deflect from their failings as a club when need be and keeps the wolves from the doors when necessary. It's a tactic that Rangers have adopted throughout the banter years, but hasn't quite been perfected the way Celtic have it.

Football in Scotland belongs to Celtic and Rangers, whether we like it or not. If you want to play with their ball, you shut up and eat your cereal. It's never change and the behaviour of their fans is, in their eyes, the only eyes that matter, is a result of, and justified by, the way they feel they've been mistreated, when the reality couldn't be further from the truth.

It's never going to change.

The problem is though, they don't really need to answer to it. Celtic and Rangers are answerable to their fans and apologists, nobody else.

They've created a bunker mentality and cultivated it down generations, with their fans absolutely lapping it up. It helps them deflect from their failings as a club when need be and keeps the wolves from the doors when necessary. It's a tactic that Rangers have adopted throughout the banter years, but hasn't quite been perfected the way Celtic have it.

Football in Scotland belongs to Celtic and Rangers, whether we like it or not. If you want to play with their ball, you shut up and eat your cereal. It's never change and the behaviour of their fans is, in their eyes, the only eyes that matter, is a result of, and justified by, the way they feel they've been mistreated, when the reality couldn't be further from the truth.

It's never going to change.

This. Ie. They're both fucking scum.

Adopting this "Aye but they're not as bad as them" mentality automatically creates an atmosphere that gives one or the other slack. Fuck tbat. They're both scum.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

A thoroughly deserved shoeing for holders Real Madrid this evening in the Champions League, off the back of the quite fortuitous 2-1 win they slithered to in Amsterdam in the first leg. They'll be tearing everything up and signing a new team in the summer. 

Ajax have been a clowncar outfit at European level in recent years but this side are playing some truly excellent stuff, always trying to pass forward instead of the sideways, tippy-tappy shite that has dominated elite level football in recent years.  

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

A thoroughly deserved shoeing for holders Real Madrid this evening in the Champions League, off the back of the quite fortuitous 2-1 win they slithered to in Amsterdam in the first leg. They'll be tearing everything up and signing a new team in the summer. 

Ajax have been a clowncar outfit at European level in recent years but this side are playing some truly excellent stuff, always trying to pass forward instead of the sideways, tippy-tappy shite that has dominated elite level football in recent years.  

Ajax were absolutely fantastic tonight. Incisive and clinical football at it's best. 

• Upvote 1

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Man U deliver another massive performance tonight. A debatable handball decision but Rashford did really well with the penalty.

They were lucky to be in the game after 30 minutes, let alone be 2-1 up. Barely touched the ball.

PSG shat the bed after that mind you. Mbappe in particular was dreadful. Lots of psychological scars were visible in this game. Will only get worse for them after this.

Garner 17. Greenwood 17. Gomes 18. Dalot 19. Chong 19. Rashford 21.

You win nothing with kids though as Mr Hansen reminded everyone once. Lesson perhaps for our own club. If they're good enough they're old enough

• Downvote 1

Two Uniteds but the soul is one, as the Busby Babes carry on.

Yeah because the parallels between GMFC and a club that can spend £19 million a pop on importing their 'kids' are immediately obvious. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

They were lucky to be in the game after 30 minutes, let alone be 2-1 up. Barely touched the ball.

PSG shat the bed after that mind you. Mbappe in particular was dreadful. Lots of psychological scars were visible in this game. Will only get worse for them after this.

For all United didn't have much of the ball, I thought their game management was excellent at points tonight. They slowed play down and held the ball at a few crucial points in the match. If Solskjaer doesn't get the job now I'll be amazed. If United can appoint a good director of football then they could quite conceivably be challenging for the title again soon. 

PSG are average at best, and bottle merchants in to the bargain. Good effort from Man United but nobody's going to be disappointed about getting them in the draw.

AWMSC

For all United didn't have much of the ball, I thought their game management was excellent at points tonight. They slowed play down and held the ball at a few crucial points in the match. If Solskjaer doesn't get the job now I'll be amazed. If United can appoint a good director of football then they could quite conceivably be challenging for the title again soon. 

Maybe true but they still somehow managed to score 3 goals out of nothing really. And even then, PSG should still have been out of sight based on the strength of opportunities they created, and would have been were it not for the awful Mbappe s***eing everything up anytime the ball was near him. Cavani should have been on at HT

Edited by Hej

Maybe true but they still somehow managed to score 3 goals out of nothing really. And even then, PSG should still have been out of sight based on the strength of opportunities they created, and would have been were it not for the awful Mbappe s***eing everything up anytime the ball was near him. Cavani should have been on at HT

My flatmate stuck Cavani on to score next at half time because he was convinced they should have brought him on then. It's hard to argue with it, he would have finished at least one of those chances. 

Not strictly football related, but all-round arsehole Steven Gerrard is gurning about how people who break into footballers' houses should face tougher punishments and that the law is too leniant.

No mention of footballers who assualt DJs or who batter their girlfriend on the streets of Liverpool*, funnily enough.

Liverpool and Rangers. What a vile mix.

*Jon Flanagan, if anybody isn't aware of it.

Edited by EanieMeany
  • Upvote 2

AWMSC