The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread - Page 124 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread

TRVMP

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leaving aside for one moment the fact that he's an absolute fucking haddy, the club's supposed squad structure for next season was a group of senior players, a group of loan players and a group of youth players. Dykes falls into none of those brackets. At the age of 23 he's just made 24 senior appearances - the majority of which were in the seaside leagues playing for Stranraer last season. 

So we're just making it up as we go along as usual then. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I'm not really surprised. This is the calibre of player we are able to afford going forward.

Hopefully with a good pre season under his belt he starts to show something. Anything.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Giving him a new deal is an admission that there's zero ambition left, and further proof that Johansson is an absolute loser. He's been rubbish since he came in and lazy to boot: rewarding that with a new deal with several games left of the current season is just farcical.

AWMSC

I'm not really surprised. This is the calibre of player we are able to afford going forward.

Hopefully with a good pre season under his belt he starts to show something. Anything.

Well, no, unless we’re running with the lowest full-time budget ever.

Will the budget make things difficult for a manager? Undoubtedly. Will the budget make it impossible to find players better than Dylan Dykes? Obviously not, because we could pluck any bang average midfielder from a League One side’s bench and find ourselves a considerably better player than Dykes.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Presumably he's agreed to play for virtually nothing, that's the only way it makes sense.

Unless he's actually paying us and his family are also booking out hospitality each week then it still doesn't though. A bit like Adam Coakley's short-lived, daddy-influenced stint in senior football. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

If Dykes is being signed up as a first team starter then what is our squad-filler going to be like? I'd genuinely rather we we went part-time with a 2 or 3 full-time players thrown in if this is the standard we're talking about. The guy is bad at football.

I won't watch that pish anymore.

As opposed to the Brazil 1970 side currently reincarnated at Largs fucking Thistle.

As opposed to the Brazil 1970 side currently reincarnated at Largs ****ing Thistle.

Aye but Tom is from here I think so will save about £20 a week watching Thistle instead. Cant blame him tbh. I'll make a small loss on my season ticket this year if I miss any more games. Not a chance I'm committing next season.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Aye but Tom is from here I think so will save about £20 a week watching Thistle instead. Cant blame him tbh. I'll make a small loss on my season ticket this year if I miss any more games. Not a chance I'm committing next season.

I don’t blame anyone for not signing up again for next season. The only decent argument that I can find is that if the fans don’t stick with the club during this transition then we could be facing a complete rebuilding job by the time that new owners eventually come in. That’s not going to be a brilliant sales pitch though.

But if you’re planning on ditching Morton because of a lack of quality then you’ll be gouging your eyes out before long watching the Juniors. Even Dykes would be a standout player at that level, that’s how dung the standard is now.

Archived