Statement About Tele Front Page - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Statement About Tele Front Page

so72

9SC absolutely seething that he pays £600 (circa) for a poxy club of about 10 folk whilst there's a room being used and abused for fun.

Glorious stuff.

You're making it sound like it's some secret lair at Torbett Towers. Its just someone making a bit of toast on the fly.

Give the guy a break Ffs.

*insert signature here*

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This.

I wasn't aware that this Morton Blind Supporters Association even existed until now, let alone had their own private room at Cappielow. I'm sure that there will be other Morton supporters out there which would benefit from such a club and facilities, which begs the question - why is this not better publicised by the club?

you'd think the DLO should have been made aware of the Morton Blind Supporters Association.....

"Boy, I got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals."

The Tele has another bit today with Stewart McMillan pitching in, with no mention of the club's statement.

Also no interview with the manager/players on the back page, carrying on the theme from the last few days which have saw them running articles on the likes of Jack Iredale. I wonder if there's maybe something else going on behind the scenes that's led to this stooshy.

AWMSC

I suspect the comment about taking all media responses through the club and not players was a reference to the Millar piece last week as well. If the relationship between them breaks down than both parties stand to lose but the bigger loser would undoubtedly be the Tele. It'd be reduced to 3,000 word tomes on cricket and egg-chasing teams that nobody other than that berk Zhivago cares about. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I suspect the comment about taking all media responses through the club and not players was a reference to the Millar piece last week as well. If the relationship between them breaks down than both parties stand to lose but the bigger loser would undoubtedly be the Tele. It'd be reduced to 3,000 word tomes on cricket and egg-chasing teams that nobody other than that berk Zhivago cares about. 

Oh aye, I'd forgotten about that. I think Millar himself would have been entitled to be a bit unhappy about how that story came out, there wasn't really that much in his quotes (imo) but it was framed as if he was throwing his toys out the pram.

If the club are going to allow the local rag unfettered access to players though, then that kind of thing is liable to happen. Surprising* it's taken so long for it to be addressed.

*Not really.

AWMSC

Archived