ayr v morton - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

ayr v morton

beetee

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let’s miss all the best chances in the game and then concede a ridiculous goal against the run of play because that worked out so well for us on Saturday.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Same as Saturday, started quite well then complete suicide from the defence.

I'm going to be charitable and say this is what JJ was talking about when he said players need to take responsibility. We have real trouble scoring, "sublime" football or no, so conceding first is a death sentence.

EOho8Pw.png

I don't know the exact financial ins and outs of those deals. I don't think Murdoch came in for anything like big money - I don't think he was ever a particularly high earner at Morton. Gunning was on the record that it certainly wasn't the money that brought him to Morton. But yeah, maybe Duffy made a case for extra funds for those players - we all know that sometimes Dougie could be convinced to do that. As I said, I don't know details, but I doubt we weren't breaking the bank.

There's nothing here to suggest that the board panicked because of what happened at Ayr. As Duffy explained at the time, we had a number of injuries and this reached a point by the Ayr game when we needed to rectify matters. This was certainly evident in the performance at Ayr, and by how stretched the squad was in that game. The players I mentioned were out for about 2 months. I don't know where you are getting two weeks from.

If Duffy used up all his budget in the summer, then he wouldn't have been able to address specific issues in September. Gunning wouldn't have signed in the summer in any case.

There is no reason to doubt what Duffy said about why the signings were made.

On Gunning:

Morton boss Jim Duffy told gmfc.net: “We have signed Gavin Gunning until January and I’m thrilled to have been able to bring him to the club.

“It wasn’t a priority – as I mentioned a few weeks ago we understand we need to look a little bit more in the forward areas, in terms of a goal threat – but with injuries to Ricki [Lamie], Conor [Pepper], Lee Kilday struggling and Mark [Russell] suspended, it forced our hand to go and see if we could add a player who would complement us.

On Murdoch:

Ton boss Jim Duffy told gmfc.net: “Obviously I’m delighted to be able to bring in another talented young player who can add competition to that area of the pitch.

“We know when everyone is back fit and ready, we will be really strong in that area, but at this moment in time we’re really stretched by injuries and I felt it was important to try and bring someone else in to help us compete.

“It was something we’d spoke about for the last couple of weeks with us assessing the injuries, with Michael Tidser and Conor Pepper in the midfield area and moving Thomas O’Ware back in [to defence] with Lee Kilday and Ricki Lamie out.

“The only two natural midfielders we have available at this moment in time is Ross Forbes and Jamie Lindsay, and we had people recommended to us, but I would rather have somebody I know of and knew about.

Too long; didn’t read.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

McCrorie has hit 3 GK’s in a row straight out the park.

Thought he was poor on Saturday. Gaston must be due a shot - no point showing loyalty to another team's player who won't be here next season.

Thought he was poor on Saturday. Gaston must be due a shot - no point showing loyalty to another team's player who won't be here next season.

Gaston might not be here next season either.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Could say the same for Waddell or Buchanan. So many cheap goals given away by our defence this season. They seem to do better the less we try to play further forward.

That's the nub of the problem with Johansson...or at least, one of the problems. He clearly sets his team out to be defensive, and yet we're not at all defensive in anyway. We don't sit deep, we don't press high up...we don't do anything at all. It's inevitable you end up with mistakes all over the place when you're such a mess.

As for McCrorie, his kicking has always been dodgy, he takes an extra touch or two sometimes which makes it look like he's composed but as often as not he launches it aimlessly up the pitch like every other keeper in the league. People go on about "distribution" from keepers a lot, but it's not really something that's a factor at our level.

He's had a couple of good saves but overall I don't really think we're gaining enough for it to be worth dumping our own player. There's no point in playing loanees unless they're adding something significantly better than what your own players do and McCrorie really isn't doing all that much better than Gaston was before he was dropped.

AWMSC

Archived