Who now? - Page 6 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Who now?

Aye, but the Asparagus Kid is convinced he is the Messiah.

If were ever going to go for someone who was sniffing around the elk-humper leagues then why not Billy Reid?

I'd say he's out of our reach, significantly so.

EOho8Pw.png

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd say he's out of our reach, significantly so.

...but thu Eeeeeeeze-dales are minted, they huv buses and pubs and everything. If they can afford Hoppy (cos it's definitely them paying his wages) then they can afford Derek McInnes too.

*insert signature here*

...but thu Eeeeeeeze-dales are minted, they huv buses and pubs and everything. If they can afford Hoppy (cos it's definitely them paying his wages) then they can afford Derek McInnes too.

Reid is on a six-figure salary at a major club. Even though they're debilitatingly Welsh, he's not coming back to Scotland anytime soon unless Rangers or Celtic come calling, which they won't.

EOho8Pw.png

Reid is on a six-figure salary at a major club. Even though they're debilitatingly Welsh, he's not coming back to Scotland anytime soon unless Rangers or Celtic come calling, which they won't.

You're most probably right. However, with regards to our prospective new owners, we shouldn't want 'more of the same' from these characters. They like to laud their wealth over the rest of Inverclyde, so they should put their money where their mouth is, either that or piss off back to Ibrox and not darken our doorstep. They'll be hiking up the prices in no time whatsoever, so we should be demanding success for our coin.

A fraction of what they've invested in Rangers during their ill-fated spell there would be sufficient for us to buy this league and establish us as a SPFL Premier side.

*insert signature here*

If the Easdales take over will the have the ambition to take us into the Premier?

Yes and Alexander will lead the charge with Sandy as Technical Director and James as First Team Coach.

Is that a higher level than the subbuteo team that Brian Wake managed in Sweden?

No. Next. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

No one has clarified whether the Es can invest in Morton whilst still having an investment in Sevco? Is that actually allowed?

The SFA can look at that on a case by case basis and prevent people holding a seat on a board or buying more than x% of a club if they feel there’s a conflict of interest based on criteria they can make up as they go along. However considering that Neil Rankine variously held shares in East Fife, Dumbarton and Livingston and got round any questions over a conflict of interest by transferring East Fife shares to his own child I don’t see much likelihood of a stink over one Easdale brother having shares in one club while the other has shares in another.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Graham Potter is now 1/6 to move to Brighton - and media reports are pointing that way - so Reid likely to be moving to the EPL with him.

This isn't a criticism or to cast doubt on it, but I've seen a few things describing Hopkin as a "fans favourite" and "icon" etc recently, yet it seems like you don't actually hear much about him in discussions of ex-players or the like.

Was he particularly popular in his first spell? Or "just" a really good player on his way to bigger things? Again, this isn't to have a pop, I'm just curious about how he was perceived at the time.

AWMSC

This isn't a criticism or to cast doubt on it, but I've seen a few things describing Hopkin as a "fans favourite" and "icon" etc recently, yet it seems like you don't actually hear much about him in discussions of ex-players or the like.

Was he particularly popular in his first spell? Or "just" a really good player on his way to bigger things? Again, this isn't to have a pop, I'm just curious about how he was perceived at the time.

He scored a double against St.Mirren in his first game on the second time around.

It is a bit ironic, that he is perhaps the most successful player to have left Morton since Mark McGhee, arguably Joe Jordan, however he is often overlooked in terms of great former players.

*insert signature here*

He scored a double against St.Mirren in his first game on the second time around.

It is a bit ironic, that he is perhaps the most successful player to have left Morton since Mark McGhee, arguably Joe Jordan, however he is often overlooked in terms of great former players.

I think part of it is that he was never really a Scotland regular and, while English football has always been very popular in Scotland, there wasn't wall-to-wall coverage of "The Barclays" the way there was a few years later. (Plus he spent a lot of his career in the second tier, not the top.) Not knocking his playing achievements at all, but really he would have been out of sight, out of mind for a lot of it.

EOho8Pw.png

He only played about 19 games before he left.

48 according to wiki. I remember him making his debut and was pretty brutal. He broke his ankle quite early on and was out for few months although when he returned he was unplayable.

48 according to wiki. I remember him making his debut and was pretty brutal. He broke his ankle quite early on and was out for few months although when he returned he was unplayable.

I vaguely remember his debut. Forfar? I seem to recall the fans had been let in for free. Does that ring a bell to anyone?

One of the worst misses I have ever seen against Clydebank at kilbowie Park. Think it was jim Tolmie cross into box and as he went to head into an empty net he shut his eyes and it hit him on side of head rolled down his body came off his shin and out for a bye kick.

Archived