Morton vs. Peterhead - 24th November 2018 - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton vs. Peterhead - 24th November 2018

capitanus

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm increasingly scunnered every time I leave Cappielow lately.

While there are question marks about any manager in their first job and you expect anyone in that position to take time to find their feet, you've always been able to say Johansson's inherited someone else's squad, you could argue were just an average side having average results etc etc, but today is the first really alarming performance after the concerning capitulations we've already witnessed.

That was an appalling performance and we can't even argue we deserved to win. It wasn't the typical smash and grab material of a lower league side sneaking the lead against the run of the play, they were the better side in the first half and while we improved in the second - we were still terrible but not quite as much - they still soaked up our pressure effortlessly. Labouring like that against a League Two side raises massive questions.

Bang on!

I thought we were far worse in the second half than the first.

I thought we looked considerably more incompetent in possession second half, but that was the result of actually having most of the ball due to Millar doing everything defensively and winning it back by himself countless times whereas they were waltzing through the midfield effortlessly in the first half.

We were every bit as hapless in possession in the first half, we just didn't have the ball enough for how toothless we were to be noticeable, whereas in the second half we had the onus on us to attack and our side to side, no one move after passing, full back hits the first man and hopes to win a corner strategy was laid bare. The difference was the midfield being so incompetent in the first half that Peterhead had as much of the ball as we did.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Phoned up 5 or 6 times to get the game added to my season ticket, no **** answered, decided I couldn’t be arsed going, seems like I saved £15.

Yes, the office is a absolute joke. I waited 4 weeks on a phone call back from Brendan, to no avail. Take Jonathan (who is brilliant btw, our best recruit by a mile) out the equation and our behind the scenes staff are brutal.

Wasn't at the game today but seems to me that 3-5-2 is only working in games where we are on the back foot or at least evenly matched, however that's multiple times we've come up against teams we are expected to beat and we have put in an absolute horror show of a performance.

There needs to be significant changes in January. We can't go the whole season with this squad.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Poor from the first whistle.. With a awful Ref letting Peterhead away with lots of shocking tackles & looking bad for Gary Oliver with Our best piece of play during the whole 90 mins We scored & a few early chances.. Going to be a hard Game on Tuesday Night & no idea what to expect..

Yes, the office is a absolute joke. I waited 4 weeks on a phone call back from Brendan, to no avail. Take Jonathan (who is brilliant btw, our best recruit by a mile) out the equation and our behind the scenes staff are brutal.

Our groundsman is top notch; and when he isn't breaching the working at height regulations, our kitman is great at getting rid of skidmarks.

I think that Jonathan is overstretched and the club should recruit Chris from Chris's Morton TV to help him out.

*insert signature here*

All teams don't play to the same level every single week but there is something seriously wrong about the way in which this team lurches from being able to dismantle Partick and picking up largely good results on the road to absolutely abject fucking disasters like this, Alloa last week and that shambolic outcome against the little people. 

Johannson needs to identify the root of that problem or his management career will be a short one. Losing to that reptile up in sex offenders capital of Europe would be completely unacceptable. 

Get the finger out now. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Oh and while I'm on a high horse again, isn't it just great that it's not even December yet and the entire season is hanging on a dodgy cup replay and a possible but frankly unlikely play-off push. This is why you shouldn't applaud frauds like Ray 'Ray' McKinnon for writing off the other cup competitions for the ridiculous reasons that they're either a 'waste of time' or that we need to 'save ourselves for the league'. The real 'waste of time' matches will be taking place from February 2019 as a campaign of midtable mediocrity and abject failure on all other fronts comes to pass. 

Sad!

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Oh and while I'm on a high horse again, isn't it just great that it's not even December yet and the entire season is hanging on a dodgy cup replay and a possible but frankly unlikely play-off push. This is why you shouldn't applaud frauds like Ray 'Ray' McKinnon for writing off the other cup competitions for the ridiculous reasons that they're either a 'waste of time' or that we need to 'save ourselves for the league'. The real 'waste of time' matches will be taking place from February 2019 as a campaign of midtable mediocrity and abject failure on all other fronts comes to pass. 

Sad!

Agreed. This was always the risk when we meekly accepted writing off two cups - we had to make a serious challenge in the league and/or go far in to the Scottish Cup. As it stands it looks like we're going to do neither.

The Challenge Cup was an opportunity to reach a final and get an away day to some yokel outfit in Wales in to the bargain, both of which are far more appealing than "saving ourselves" for home defeats to Alloa.

AWMSC

Any news regarding Gary Oliver's injury.

Is it still the case that the referee for the replay is the same person as for the first game?

Hope not as he was appalling. Peterhead were very fortunate to have eleven men still on the park at the end of the game.

Archived