January Transfer Window Thread - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

January Transfer Window Thread

BishopBrennan

It's early days of course but there's nothing from results so far to show that JJ is making an overall contribution on the training ground or in the games themselves. The creditable changes and displays have been balanced out by some absolutely shambolic displays and results. This leaves the transfer market as the last main part of the job that he will be judged on. Being realistic about our current budget though. even if he has some upgrades on the current squad up his sleeve I still don't think we'd be able to just sign our way out of the division. Barring a lot of luck we need a combination of the above qualities to stand a credible chance of promotion. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back on topic who do you think we can realistically attract specifically as a striker?

I'd like to think that the club have been looking at Blair Henderson at Edinburgh City, who by all accounts is battering defences about and has scored a lot of goals albeit at a lower level. At 24 there's scope for improvement with full-time training as well. The step-up would be a gamble but compared to our usual resort of shelling the ball long to midgets when we're not playing well it'd give us a credible plan B. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

It's early days of course but there's nothing from results so far to show that JJ is making an overall contribution on the training ground or in the games themselves. The creditable changes and displays have been balanced out by some absolutely shambolic displays and results. This leaves the transfer market as the last main part of the job that he will be judged on. Being realistic about our current budget though. even if he has some upgrades on the current squad up his sleeve I still don't think we'd be able to just sign our way out of the division. Barring a lot of luck we need a combination of the above qualities to stand a credible chance of promotion. 

Yep, if we can move a few players on and get a few in 'til the end of the season then that's going to have to be our lot. Unless there's a significant improvement between now and January (or the end of the window), there's little point in allowing Johanssen to sign any longer term players as the indications are he'll be gone in the summer and we can't go through another round of "but he hasn't got his own players".

There's enough to stay up unless things go horrendously wrong, but as it stands it looks like being just another wasted season. This can't keep happening.

AWMSC

Yep, if we can move a few players on and get a few in 'til the end of the season then that's going to have to be our lot. Unless there's a significant improvement between now and January (or the end of the window), there's little point in allowing Johanssen to sign any longer term players as the indications are he'll be gone in the summer and we can't go through another round of "but he hasn't got his own players".

There's enough to stay up unless things go horrendously wrong, but as it stands it looks like being just another wasted season. This can't keep happening.

Unless he relegates us, he’s going nowhere in the summer.

Johannson will see our his deal until the end of next season unless we start tanking in the league overall or receive lots more tankings in individual games. They’ll give him the full chance to build his squad in the summer. I doubt the board will want to punt a manager so quickly after the King Snake affair or go through a third application process in twelve months if they can avoid it.

Johannson will see our his deal until the end of next season unless we start tanking in the league overall or receive lots more tankings in individual games. They’ll give him the full chance to build his squad in the summer. I doubt the board will want to punt a manager so quickly after the King Snake affair or go through a third application process in twelve months if they can avoid it.

Exactly, not totally convinced by JJ but he’ll be given a fair crack at it.

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting to listen to JJ's latest interview and comments that he is already looking to the January window, having had trialists in and is looking at possible loans too. He says the squad is unbalanced with too many in some areas and not enough in others.

He also comments that Falkirk have a number of good players in a way which made me wonder if he was having a subtle go at the quality of their manager?

Maybe I read something into it that wasn't there?

Interesting to listen to JJ's latest interview and comments that he is already looking to the January window, having had trialists in and is looking at possible loans too. He says the squad is unbalanced with too many in some areas and not enough in others.

He also comments that Falkirk have a number of good players in a way which made me wonder if he was having a subtle go at the quality of their manager?

More than likely. If it wasn’t for McKinnon being a snake he wouldn’t be the Morton manager.

Sadly though we can't offer anywhere near the terms that other teams are offering one of our trialists.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Archived