The Beer Thread - Page 2 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Beer Thread

TheGoon

TL is rancid.

Disagree completely. I've been a lot of places and tried a lot of local lagers, and TL rates very highly among these, particularly given that it's only 4%. I'd take it ahead of the "national" beers of, for example, England, every Scandinavian country (admittedly not tried the Finnish one but I bet it's crap, and I'm not counting the Faroes because it's not a country), France, Spain*, Portugal, Poland, and everywhere south of Prague.

Should probably split this off into a new thread tbqh.

*defaulting to Mahou here, admittedly, since Spanish beer is very regional. Estrella Damm for the Catalans, Cruzcampo for the Andalucians, Estrella Galicia for the Galicians and so on.

EOho8Pw.png

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As said above, Estrella is cracking. Definitely get it in the Wllow and I think the Jimmy Watt, unsure where else round here.

You can get Estrella in Cleats.

Someone mentioned Pacifico in this thread and it’s cracking. St Mungos and 4West deserve a mention too, along with Heverlee.

Really? How does it compare price wise? Staropramen is £1.67 in Morrisons for the big 660ml bottle.

Roughly the same £1.25 for 500ml. May be slightly overselling it. The bottles state brewed in Prague by Staropramen, so mibbe not exactly the same but I like it. Cheap and nice.
MORTON - NEWCASTLE

Maybe it's my age and misunderstanding of social media etiquette, but I can't fathom how a spelling mistake can be frowned upon yet a thread entitled "Dunfermline v Morton" can suddenly become a debate on the merits of ale!

Lager isn't ale, hth.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived