Hawke Quits - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Hawke Quits

TheGoon

I am glad Hawke is gone but how anyone can't have major alarm bells ringing right now is beyond me.

It's clear that the current regime is finished, financially speaking. New investors aren't going to just throw money at the club without getting something in return, be it either that the money goes towards footballing matters (as MCT have said), or in the presumed case of the Easdales, getting some of their own people involved. It's an uncertain future, to be sure, but I don't see how it's in any way more alarming than the status quo. For all the talk of how the Raes loved/saved the club and all that, if nobody else was investing now, we'd face a long, lingering decline. So, yeah, it's clear that there may be trouble ahead, but it's not like we were living a blissful existence, was it?

EOho8Pw.png

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After all the ‘the Easdales are meddling with managers over their boy!!!11!! rumours we’ve heard this season, isn’t it odd that despite several Football Manager regens getting places on the bench throughout the season, even while there have been times we’ve only had one or two fit centre forwards available, even when one of those centre forwards has been someone as obviously out of his depth as Andrew Dallas, Alexander Easdale has never even been given a place on the bench once?

It’s almost as if it’s completely fabricated bullshit, particularly when it’s coming from someone who routinely bends over backwards to defend the current board.

I'd add to this excellent post that we know for a cast-iron fact now that the current regime was asking the managers to make certain line-up decisions, as in the case of Charlie Telfer. Whether or not this request was justified (and personally I think it was), that is a footballing decision. So we're all supposed to be terrified now that a new investor might ask to make... a footballing decision? Even though it's already happened?

Look, almost certainly the Easdales believe their family member can make it in the game and want to give him a chance, and even if they never outright commanded it, I can imagine some manager putting two and two together to keep them happy. But to think that's their motivating factor for buying the club, and that they'd put the dozens of other concerns over having a manager pick a line-up behind it, just seems very crazy to me. I don't think they're anywhere near that stupid, frankly.

EOho8Pw.png

It's clear that the current regime is finished, financially speaking. New investors aren't going to just throw money at the club without getting something in return, be it either that the money goes towards footballing matters (as MCT have said), or in the presumed case of the Easdales, getting some of their own people involved. It's an uncertain future, to be sure, but I don't see how it's in any way more alarming than the status quo. For all the talk of how the Raes loved/saved the club and all that, if nobody else was investing now, we'd face a long, lingering decline. So, yeah, it's clear that there may be trouble ahead, but it's not like we were living a blissful existence, was it?

That is a good post, and not much I can (or would) argue with. I would, of course, rather our 'new investors' were made public before having the power to empty our management team and CEO (although I am glad both are gone). As said in another thread a while ago, there are lots of case studies of Scottish clubs with dodgy owners being run into the ground. It is the shadowy nature of this weekend's business which is arlarming me, not the actual decisions which have been made.

That is a good post, and not much I can (or would) argue with. I would, of course, rather our 'new investors' were made public before having the power to empty our management team and CEO (although I am glad both are gone). As said in another thread a while ago, there are lots of case studies of Scottish clubs with dodgy owners being run into the ground. It is the shadowy nature of this weekend's business which is arlarming me, not the actual decisions which have been made.

That's fair - it does look weird when the body with almost 90% of the equity in the club is talking about investor pressure.

EOho8Pw.png

Right, if you take what he’s saying about not being able to afford JJ literally then we’re in deep, deep shit.

I read it as not being able to afford having a manager with poor performances.

Thank fuck he’s gone. He can sit in his house writing letters all day now.

Lynn, idea for a tv show, Letter Writing with Warren Hawke.

Basically we show footage of Warren writing abusive letters to fans, interspersed with clips of him training for an Iron Man...

No, terrible idea.

Fucked if I'm buying a season ticket next season to watch young Alexander playing a centre forward.

You won't be missed. There's no doubt you'll be about trying to worm your way into the good books of the new CEO too, like you did with the last one. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

I can remember being introduced to H Scott and his great plans but it was all a front to get his hands on any assets and strip them, with the master plan of getting Cappielow

Is there another Prof Pickett around 

Cappielow is an asset to whoever owns the club

I suppose we can always go and share with the Juniors

No white knight , why dont I think this will turnout well

I can remember being introduced to H Scott and his great plans but it was all a front to get his hands on any assets and strip them, with the master plan of getting Cappielow

Is there another Prof Pickett around

Cappielow is an asset to whoever owns the club

I suppose we can always go and share with the Juniors

No white knight , why dont I think this will turnout well

Despite what people think of Rae, I think he's got the clubs interests at heart and wouldn't facilitate that.

We've effectively got a clean slate for next season and for anyone who wanted to take over so it will be an interesting few weeks.

Is that why he withheld the minutes of the Q&A from the fans?

He needs to go along with all the other deadwood.

The Q&A was reported on by the Tele. Anything that's worthy of interest has been reported by them.

I'm pretty sure he wants to get out as well. The problem is that there's no one as yet that's prepared to take over which takes me back to the point that's he's doing what he can to keep the club going and no wanting to put it at risk.

To briefly go back on topic, I think it speaks volumes that even on Facebook the reaction to Hawke's departure is muted at best. That a much-beloved player is now regarded this way is a bit of a shame, but he brought it on himself.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived