Neil Lennon - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Neil Lennon

capitanus

Johansson wasn't the assistant at Rangers though, he basically got the job by dint of being a well known face who wasn't John Brown.

The Finland one was somewhat ceremonial too: a guy with 100 caps is always going to be involved, he was one of three and was there for a grand total of two competitive matches and a very short time.

The fact that Wake has actually managed at any level puts him much further up the ladder than Johansson, even if if isn't exactly the top rung.

AWMSC

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Johansson wasn't the assistant at Rangers though, he basically got the job by dint of being a well known face who wasn't John Brown.

The Finland one was somewhat ceremonial too: a guy with 100 caps is always going to be involved, he was one of three and was there for a grand total of two competitive matches and a very short time.

The fact that Wake has actually managed at any level puts him much further up the ladder than Johansson, even if if isn't exactly the top rung.

It was my understanding that Wake is also a second assistant hired in part because of his connections with the club.

He hasn't managed at any sort of decent level. It's not that much different to being u20 manager at Motherwell. I get the argument that it would put him further up the ladder, but not by any discernable amount.

I just don't think I'll ever understand this weird thing about Wake (which for the longest time I assumed was some sort of inside joke with a group of fans - maybe it actually is, at least that would make some sort of sense).

It was my understanding that Wake is also a second assistant hired in part because of his connections with the club.

I just don't think I'll ever understand this weird thing about Wake (which for the longest time I assumed was some sort of inside joke with a group of fans - maybe it actually is, at least that would make some sort of sense).

Is he not actually managing somewhere? I just assumed he was the way VT weirdly bangs on about him.

AWMSC

Brian Wake has managed at pub League level and assisted at a decent level. Sounds fairly similar to a guy who's has managed at youth level and assisted at international and Scottish Premier League level. I don't think there are light years between them in that sense. Which only damages any argument for Wake (I still have no idea why this is actually a thing).

My point was more about how obviously underqualified Johansson is rather than how qualified or not Wake is. Regardless of whether you think Wake is an appropriate choice or not, people are willing to belittle him on the grounds that he’s only managed a first team at a low level when Jonatan Johansson had never managed a first team at any level before taking this job and the same people had no issue with it, those same people also taking a long time to acknowledge that Johansson is obviously a hopeless clownshoe. It’s the double standard I’m getting at.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Is he not actually managing somewhere? I just assumed he was the way VT weirdly bangs on about him.

He's one of the two assistants at Ostersunds, who finished 6th in the top flight last season. He has managed a couple of clubs in the regional 4th tier of Swedish football. There are 64 clubs in the top 3 tiers, and quite a few regional leagues in the 4th tier. It's like the equivalent of Junior football here. 

Archived