New Away Kit Vote - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

New Away Kit Vote

Scott

All the horrendous talks and that of getting another supplier is over reactionary nonsense. They all look decent enough 

You need your eyes tested.

Ditch the shan two-tone yellow for yellow and blue hoops and we have a winner. The rest are gubbins. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like I'm in a minority of one with the black and sky blue one then, aye?

I like the yellow one and the sky blue and black. Both crackers although I'd prefer a different collar.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

The idea with the yellow shirt was to have the ‘hoop’ effect finer, made with alternating weaves of the same shade, more of a texture than anything else. The manufacturer uses a material exactly like I was angling for in their kits for Bristol City, which we looked at when we got together at the factory. The black one with the electric blue sponsor and trim was a concept I showed to illustrate the idea of changing the millions logo to suit the kit rather than using the standard yellow. I had either plain v-necks or polo style collars on the design concepts, though Vision did say they were likely to opt for something else with a rib as they feel they look a little more modern and have a better quality feel.

Today is the first i’ve seen them since we got together to discuss the original concepts.

The idea with the yellow shirt was to have the ‘hoop’ effect finer, made with alternating weaves of the same shade, more of a texture than anything else. The manufacturer uses a material exactly like I was angling for in their kits for Bristol City, which we looked at when we got together at the factory. The black one with the electric blue sponsor and trim was a concept I showed to illustrate the idea of changing the millions logo to suit the kit rather than using the standard yellow.

They’re both shite though.

The Blue and Black one (2nd one from left ) would be nicer in reverse sky blue with black trim

That's a good shout but might be too similar to the home top ?

The idea with the yellow shirt was to have the ‘hoop’ effect finer, made with alternating weaves of the same shade, more of a texture than anything else. The manufacturer uses a material exactly like I was angling for in their kits for Bristol City, which we looked at when we got together at the factory. The black one with the electric blue sponsor and trim was a concept I showed to illustrate the idea of changing the millions logo to suit the kit rather than using the standard yellow. I had either plain v-necks or polo style collars on the design concepts, though Vision did say they were likely to opt for something else with a rib as they feel they look a little more modern and have a better quality feel.

Today is the first i’ve seen them since we got together to discuss the original concepts.

Did you design both of these Pedro? I really like the the black and sky blue concept and the yellow one.

I had either plain v-necks or polo style collars on the design concepts, though Vision did say they were likely to opt for something else with a rib as they feel they look a little more modern and have a better quality feel.

Didn't buy the current home top as it's shite but did the previous one and the tartan away top. Worst part of both is the horrible material of the collar.

Did you design both of these Pedro? I really like the the black and sky blue concept and the yellow one.

I offered up the ideas, which have then been adapted/interpreted by Vision. I’m not privy to the decisions that have been taken in the time between the chat over the concepts and the manufacturing/prototyping. The collar changes are the biggest difference, whilst the black and blue one has taken elements from two ideas and combined them.

Yellow is the only acceptable one, although the badge should be kept normal and not yellow.

This. I'm not in favour of things like colours on the club badge being altered for any reason. In fact, I would go as far as saying that any employee who suggests such a thing should be dismissed with immediate effect.

Also, pink shirts - no. There was a few good 'salmon pink' Scotland shirts in the 1990s but other than that, it should never be considered a colour suitable for football. These horrible fluorescent 'highlighter pen' pink shirts are painful on the eye and an affront to grown men paying to watch football.

The yellow shirt would perhaps be nice with blue sleeves rather than the blue band across the chest. Also the second black shirt would be a great shirt with yellow sleeves, like a Dortmund away shirt.

Another thing I think we should bin in the 'est1874' branding and get a proper kit manufacturer, I think we should perhaps look to a German manufacturer like Uhlsport or to Macron who produce some decent Football shirts, but overall - tastes permitting - were not too far away.

*insert signature here*

Archived