The Next Scottish Manager - Page 4 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Next Scottish Manager

Said this on Facebook as well but if you play a lineup with a midfield like that, as deep-lying as this, at home, then you really can't be conceding goals. Worst of both worlds.

EOho8Pw.png

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I enjoyed this McLeish quote on the BBC website in regard to the Costa Rica game - "There was nothing missing in the second half, only finishing". Early start for the big man on the happy juice - must be nervous of flying!

• 3 weeks later...

Just booked a hotel and flight for the Mexico game. This is probably foolish as we're going to lose and it's not as if it'll be a great cultural experience since I basically live in little Mexico anyway (I counted and 75% of my building is Mexican) so it's just an expensive way of experiencing where I already am. But still, it's a "home" game, and although I do like to see the US national team do well, there's no way I'd go and see them unless they were playing here in DFW, so this is my best chance for international football that "matters."

EOho8Pw.png

Just booked a hotel and flight for the Mexico game. This is probably foolish as we're going to lose and it's not as if it'll be a great cultural experience since I basically live in little Mexico anyway (I counted and 75% of my building is Mexican) so it's just an expensive way of experiencing where I already am. But still, it's a "home" game, and although I do like to see the US national team do well, there's no way I'd go and see them unless they were playing here in DFW, so this is my best chance for international football that "matters."

Have you seen the Beavis and Butthead 'Geraldo' where Beavis gave a false name to a dating agency and Butthead answered the door to a woman and said 'Dammit there are no Mexicans living here'.

*insert signature here*

I love the idea that Nacho is listing the latinos living around him. A slight whiff of the Stasi but everyone needs a hobby  :P

I'm the HOA manager for this building, I need to know who's in each unit for the collection of dues or (God forbid) to account for residents in case of a fire or similar emergency.

EOho8Pw.png

• 1 month later...

Big Eck is in the Sportscene summary team for the Scottish Cup final, and once again, doesn't look too well.

Edit to add: Paul Lambert has just been given his jotters at Stoke City.

Have a look in the mirror big guy. And you're still in your 30's. 

283980-garry-oconnor-morton-march-2014.j

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

• 2 weeks later...

I canceled my Mexico trip after I saw the squad - this is why I book using miles (so I can repurpose them) and refundable hotels whenever possible, so I'm out a grand total of $6 - and after seeing the Peru game on replay I don't regret my decision at all.

Nothing against any of the players who bothered their arses to show up, but playing these tough friendlies in difficult conditions is only going to work if the first team players actually show up.

Robertson has an excuse, as do some of the English playoff guys, and I can see a (slight) case for resting Tierney. But we've effectively gone over with a C team. What's the point?

EOho8Pw.png

Archived