Reserves Thread - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Reserves Thread

BishopBrennan

The club should really be pushing this around the schools and getting as many weans in as possible. If it’s okay for the beggars to get local school kids off for a few hours when one of the biggest clubs in the world are in town I don’t see why the same shouldn’t apply when we play against one of them.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can't stop that side of it but you have to encourage them through the door. Lets be honest, most future supporters have been brought to Cappielow by their parents,it's not exactly inviting from the street to those who haven't been.You must encourage kids in somehow. If we don't have success as a magnet, anything must do.

Couple of reserves away to Largs and greenock juniors. Farrell and Martins.

Has any of our youngsters ever went to Largs or greenock juniors and actually came back and had a decent career with us?

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

I noticed that one of those 3 is Robert Thomson. While he's not exactly set the heather alight in his time at the club, it would be good to get another striking option back fit.

Yeah, it would, so where does Robert Thomson fit in?

Also why is this game at Forthbank?

EOho8Pw.png

Heard from my brother that Reece Lyons was an absolute stand-out, despite the poor result.

I had only seen him play against Falkirk at TFS in the first reserve game of the season and was very impressed. When both him and Gaston were missing from the squad at Forthbank on Monday we realised that they would have some involvement last night. Fantastic first start for the boy and a cracking goal, hopefully a great future ahead for him.

Also, nice to see Nicky Low at the reserve game on Monday.

I had only seen him play against Falkirk at TFS in the first reserve game of the season and was very impressed. When both him and Gaston were missing from the squad at Forthbank on Monday we realised that they would have some involvement last night. Fantastic first start for the boy and a cracking goal, hopefully a great future ahead for him.

Also, nice to see Nicky Low at the reserve game on Monday.

He was also at the game last night according to his Twitter. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

... apologies for the gourlay moment but Nicky Low has left Derry. I think he would be a very decent addition to our squad. Loves the ton as well!!

I dunno. He's not really played at a decent level for a few years and was a bit part player at Dundee wasn't he?

Archived