Season Tickets - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Season Tickets

From memory we sold around 1100 season tickets last year at £199 a pop so raised around 220k

We would need to sell about 745 this year to match last years income based on that price!

Of course that excludes concession/child tickets. Impossible to know the breakdown in detail but a good indicator at least.

Can't see it myself!

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They could have offered the 1100, or whatever number of adult tickets there were, from last year a renewal offer, say £275 - it would feel like a deal.

£70 saving over the pay at the gate price sounds good but £20 at the gate is too high.

They could have offered the 1100, or whatever number of adult tickets there were, from last year a renewal offer, say £275 - it would feel like a deal.

£70 saving over the pay at the gate price sounds good but £20 at the gate is too high.

That's a good shout. They should have done a bit more to hang on to the large number from this season.

As it is a season ticket will save you £65 if you make every home game. It's not that bad but definitely some jump from those who got in early last time.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

That's a good shout. They should have done a bit more to hang on to the large number from this season.

As it is a season ticket will save you £65 if you make every home game. It's not that bad but definitely some jump from those who got in early last time.

They never do. It's reinvent the wheel every year.

What's the point of having build a base of season ticket holders, and doing it electronically so capturing their data, without then reaching out to them individually, thanking them for their support, making them feel valued and encouraging the renewals?

Should be an email sent out to every current season ticket holder asking us to enter the promo code " TIDSER " at check out for 10% off our season 19/20 season tickets.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

To be fair mine cost £260 the year before last & that was an early cheap price. Last years prices, while a bargain, done as so many of us had said we wouldn't renew if Duffy was still here, didn't make much financial sense. If we're no longer getting golden casket picking up shortfalls it will have to reflect more of the real costs.

Can’t have too many complaints about the price, it was coming and it’s in line with other clubs. Again though with us, there’s no real strategy. As the posts above say every attempt should’ve been made to hang on to as many of the current ST holders as possible, whilst obviously incentivising new ones. To be fair, we’ve made a solid managerial appointment and are rightly talking that up and requesting fans to back it, but there isn’t much to make ST holders part with that amount of money at this stage of the game. This has to be something our CEO addresses next year, cutting him some slack as he’s barely in the door.

Quick look at the other clubs

Dunfermline starts st 275 going up to 305

Queens are 285

Dundee United starts around 280 going upto 380

ICT is 295 main stand or 250 for their north stand.

Partick thistle are 290 for renewal or 310 for new.

We are in the ball park with the rest of clubs so I suppose it was coming just hope the extra funds brings in quality players.

Edit...this would have been better announced alongside a player (tidser) contact agreement.

Dundee's "early bird" season ticket is £360 !!

Amused to see a flagship Iron Man policy described as ‘unsustainable’; he’ll be absolutely spewing about that.

£300 is a bit of a push but the main issue here is the fact that, like others have said, the club doesn’t seem to be serious about maintaining our increased ST base from last season. If you can get 90% of them renewing at a discount rate - even £25 less so still a huge increase on last season - then you’re still far better off than when you started. Instead it’s all the way back to ‘pay full whack and bring a friend as well’ which seems like throwing the baby out with the bath water tbh.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

If you add the pledge to MCT to the season ticket it’s quite an outlay. Are people thinking it’s one or the other, both or neither?

It’s the same outlay as someone who goes to 15 home games paying as they go as well as pledging.

Last year’s prices were ridiculous, this year is pretty much in line with the league as a whole. The mistake the club made was making it too cheap last year not making it £295 this year.

Given everything that happened last season , the false 3 year plan, Snake-gate, Finnish Flop and the Board of Directors attitude towards the fans, I think this price is absolutely deplorable.

I very much doubt that I will be renewing my Season Ticket. Its highly unlikely that I can make all the home matches and I have to admit - even as a supporter of 48 years - there were some games last season that I would happily have stayed in the house rather than go.

Surely there should be some sort of Early bird discount? Or another form of added value and incentive to purchase one?

I believe that once again those that run Greenock Morton have once again failed the fans, failed the club and failed the team. I am now also reconsidering my "MCT" pledge.

Get it sorted Rae or Get out.

JB.

Power To The Powerless,

Strength Unto The Weak!

It’s the same outlay as someone who goes to 15 home games paying as they go as well as pledging.

Well that’s alright then, because 15 games at £20 a pop walk-up price is already such terrific value for midtable football in a dung second tier. Presumably these fair weather fans will be expected to chip in a £50 pledge as well then instead of the cheapskate option.

There’s no way of dressing it up - the club and MCT combined are asking for a huge increase in financial contribution from the fanbase, at the same time, all of which is supposedly vital for supporting the first team budget. While I’m sure that’s everybody wants the best possible team on the pitch there are limits to what can be reasonably demanded in return. I doubt that this guilt trip on two fronts is going to come close to its targets as a result.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Think i'll just get a fan card this year and put £40 on it on payday every month rather than pay £300 at once.

Fan cards don't work like that, You buy a specific game and if you end up not going you lose your money. I went in to complain about saying I wasn't sure if I could get to a specific game. but was going to put £18 on the card and if I didn't finish work in time I would use it for the next game and got told if you don't use it for that game it was too bad. They compared it to buying a ticket for a concert and changing your mind..

Fan cards don't work like that, You buy a specific game and if you end up not going you lose your money. I went in to complain about saying I wasn't sure if I could get to a specific game. but was going to put £18 on the card and if I didn't finish work in time I would use it for the next game and got told if you don't use it for that game it was too bad. They compared it to buying a ticket for a concert and changing your mind..

If you had to put concert tickets on some shan card run by a Scouse gimp, aye.

EOho8Pw.png

If that's the case then that's fucking ridiculous. If someone is willing to pay the extra entry fee but not have to queue at the ticket office then they should be welcomed with open arms.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

If that's the case then that's fucking ridiculous. If someone is willing to pay the extra entry fee but not have to queue at the ticket office then they should be welcomed with open arms.

You still wouldn't have to queue. You load specific games onto the card rather than adding monetary value to the card.

I’m thinking I won’t commit to ICT plus a season ticket.

I work away from home and miss most games but see my season ticket as a means of supporting my club whether I can make the game or not. I’m not entirely sure now which of the two is my best way of supporting The Ton.

You still wouldn't have to queue. You load specific games onto the card rather than adding monetary value to the card.

True. I was steaming when I responded to that so ignore me.

32.gif

Archived