Queens v Morton - Page 6 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Queens v Morton

Alibi

That 4th goal...

http://youtu.be/71mJ8iQuyxM

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Livingston have had home crowds of little more than 1000 at times this season. Never hampers Hamilton either. We'd be absolutely fine if we ever went up. I'd guess the average home crowd would be about 2000 + away fans. Likely average over the 3000 mark for the season.

True, their average attendance figures for the season so far will be massively skewed by the old firm visits where they’re close to selling out. I know Hamilton have a decent and steady revenue stream from letting office space and the hire of rooms for conferences and training. While it’s a shame we don’t exactly have room for that sort of thing I’d hate for us to end up with a ground anything like New Douglas Park.

That 4th goal...

http://youtu.be/71mJ8iQuyxM

0:22 to 0:34, then 0:34 to 0:48, the first two "highlights" are the same and miss out the (presumed) shot.

Aside from that, looks like we had a lot of joy down our left hand side in particular. Queens were jittery and could never clear their lines, but full credit to our lads for taking advantage of that.

Tumility's positioning and strong finish were great for the first. Similarly Nesbitt did well to get on the end for the second, even if the 'keeper flapped a bit.

Cadden looks very lively as always, seemed to cover the entire attacking third of the pitch, and could have had a(nother) goal to his name. The strength he showed to break free for the third shows that he doesn't just bring skill to the table, but also power. This is why he's surely destined for bigger things.

Conditions meant hte second half was never going to be a classic but the fourth goal was worth it for, once again, the power and tenacity showed by Morton. They bullied Queens into failing to clear the ball.

Based on that showing Queens are as bad a team as we'll face in this division but that's not to take away from the performance at all - you still have to show up and put the ball in the net, and we did that with room to spare. Scoring four goals away from home is never easy, but we made it look as easy as it gets. That's to the credit of the players and management.

EOho8Pw.png

True, their average attendance figures for the season so far will be massively skewed by the old firm visits where they’re close to selling out. I know Hamilton have a decent and steady revenue stream from letting office space and the hire of rooms for conferences and training. While it’s a shame we don’t exactly have room for that sort of thing I’d hate for us to end up with a ground anything like New Douglas Park.

Livi also tend to get decent attendances from Hearts and Hibs fans given that they're a landfill site for Edinburgh punters that can't afford the council tax anymore.

Just watching nisbet's interview after the game. Delighted to see him in the team and playing well. He mentions how he had a few niggly injuries at the start of the season then stopped before he said anything else. Was it rumoured he had a fall out with Hopkin?

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Cadden is currently able to sign a pre-contract with anyone if offered just now and does not need to wait until the summer.

Yeah but only poor, wee, impoverished souls like Harkins and Tidser actually jump and sign at the first sniff of a contract rather than waiting until the end of their contract like everyone else.

Archived