New Away Kit Vote - Page 6 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

New Away Kit Vote

Scott

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This. I'm not in favour of things like colours on the club badge being altered for any reason. In fact, I would go as far as saying that any employee who suggests such a thing should be dismissed with immediate effect.

Also, pink shirts - no. There was a few good 'salmon pink' Scotland shirts in the 1990s but other than that, it should never be considered a colour suitable for football. These horrible fluorescent 'highlighter pen' pink shirts are painful on the eye and an affront to grown men paying to watch football.

The yellow shirt would perhaps be nice with blue sleeves rather than the blue band across the chest. Also the second black shirt would be a great shirt with yellow sleeves, like a Dortmund away shirt.

Another thing I think we should bin in the 'est1874' branding and get a proper kit manufacturer, I think we should perhaps look to a German manufacturer like Uhlsport or to Macron who produce some decent Football shirts, but overall - tastes permitting - were not too far away.

I like the badge on it, actually. Pretty sure a couple of the mid-90's tops had a gold badge and it looked alright.

Agree on the rest though, these bright pink tops are honkin. It wouldn't even be a novelty to have one, loads of teams have them now.

Think I'd prefer a "proper" manufacturer too, the idea of the 1874 thing is a decent one but in practise the stuff just looks like the knock-offs you get in stalls in Spain, and the training gear is bog standard rubbish. Even with Bukta there were some cracking trackies and the like but the stuff now is mostly just plain and bland: you'd maybe wear it to play fives, but not really anywhere else.

AWMSC

This. I'm not in favour of things like colours on the club badge being altered for any reason. In fact, I would go as far as saying that any employee who suggests such a thing should be dismissed with immediate effect.

Also, pink shirts - no. There was a few good 'salmon pink' Scotland shirts in the 1990s but other than that, it should never be considered a colour suitable for football. These horrible fluorescent 'highlighter pen' pink shirts are painful on the eye and an affront to grown men paying to watch football.

The yellow shirt would perhaps be nice with blue sleeves rather than the blue band across the chest. Also the second black shirt would be a great shirt with yellow sleeves, like a Dortmund away shirt.

Another thing I think we should bin in the 'est1874' branding and get a proper kit manufacturer, I think we should perhaps look to a German manufacturer like Uhlsport or to Macron who produce some decent Football shirts, but overall - tastes permitting - were not too far away.

Sorry, can’t agree with anything in this post.

I like the yellow one, apart from the collar.

Not a fan of the other 3 at all. Definite no to the pink one.

And the black one with sky blue trim is worrying, as its leaning towards looking like a St. Mirren top with the two shades of black. No thanks!

Looking at the photo with the four final choices, there’s, what I take to be a training top with alternate blue and white hoops down each side of the shirt.

This is very similar to an entry for last seasons home top competition which was submitted by a family member, so are they taking entries and using them as their ideas, or, am I suffering paranoia?

Good idea from Capitanus to have blue sleeves on the yellow strip. That blue band looks dreadful.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Having seen the 4 strip yesterday I voted for the yellow top although I do really like the black one too. Wouldn't be against something a bit different and having that as a home top but the colours reversed into a Coventry style strip or a black and blue hooped effort.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

We voted at the van on Sinclair Street yesterday - 2 for the yellow and 2 for the black.

Yellow is likely to win anyway.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

New James Watt tartan would be a nice 3rd kit for next season but yellow top won 2nd strip ,just not confirmed yet.

Sales still up using the new system,however 100 years since cup win and 150th anniversary coming up,there should be a remit for traditional kit those years.

I have an intense, burning indifference.

New James Watt tartan would be a nice 3rd kit for next season but yellow top won 2nd strip ,just not confirmed yet.

Sales still up using the new system,however 100 years since cup win and 150th anniversary coming up,there should be a remit for traditional kit those years.

First one would be very easily the most grotesque football strip ever conceived of, and for the second drawing attention to the fact that the one and only major title the club has one was 100 years ago is fairly dubious.

AWMSC

Archived