thistle game - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

thistle game

beetee

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went back and checked and we have won 3 games out of 14 league matches under Johansson.

If he wants to build his own squad then he needs to start winning football matches. I doubt the board would sack him if we write of the season languishing in mid table however if we start sneaking towards the relegation places he's not going to get the chance to build his own team.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Went back and checked and we have won 3 games out of 14 league matches under Johansson.

If he wants to build his own squad then he needs to start winning football matches. I doubt the board would sack him if we write of the season languishing in mid table however if we start sneaking towards the relegation places he's not going to get the chance to build his own team.

If Partick beat us on Saturday then, depending on other results, that process will have already begun. Given that Grangemouth and Thistle are already doing business in this window and will undoubtedly throw more money around in the window than we will, this transfer window becomes a crucial one for Morton. It's absolutely imperative that Johansson is pro-active and doesn't use the Jim Duffy 'wait and see who becomes available' approach. 

With money being tight and us, in theory, having an experienced enough spine already within the squad, let's go and see what is available on the loan market. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

If Partick beat us on Saturday then that clown in the dugout shouldn’t remain to see the transfer window opening, never mind be entrusted to sign ‘his own (almost certainly dung) players’.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

If Partick beat us on Saturday then that clown in the dugout shouldn’t remain to see the transfer window opening, never mind be entrusted to sign ‘his own (almost certainly dung) players’.

Have some sympathy for JJ, in that he's working with the weakest squad of players we've had in years, but I'm also certain we'd have more points under a better manager - even Duffy would have us in the top 4 right now, pretty sure of that.

No chance JJ is getting sacked in January. Would only happen if we dropped into the bottom two... so he's getting the transfer window.

I know folk think I'm negative, but what did people seriously expect this season? We started the season with strikers that each averaged 6 goals per season over their careers (woeful), a midfield that obviously lacked mobility (too old/slow), and massive question marks over our defence.

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

Have some sympathy for JJ, in that he's working with the weakest squad of players we've had in years, but I'm also certain we'd have more points under a better manager - even Duffy would have us in the top 4 right now, pretty sure of that.

No chance JJ is getting sacked in January. Would only happen if we dropped into the bottom two... so he's getting the transfer window.

I know folk think I'm negative, but what did people seriously expect this season? We started the season with strikers that each averaged 6 goals per season over their careers (woeful), a midfield that obviously lacked mobility (too old/slow), and massive question marks over our defence.

Nobody thinks you're negative- they think you're a f*ckwit that will say anything to draw attention to yourself, you insufferable dickhead.

Good managers at our sort of level are successful by making a team better than the sum of its parts. We have a manager who's made the team worse than the sum of its parts. We look devoid of any sort of style of play and whatever ideas are worked on in training during the week are clearly lost on the players come a Saturday afternoon.

I can't put in to enough words just how boring Morton are this season. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

We've won 3 games in 14 and every element of the team is regressing and no individual players are improving. That's not mid-table form, that's a team that's on course for a relegation battle.

I might have phrased it wrongly but I was agreeing with you. Are we strong in all positions? No. Are we as bad as form suggests? Hell no, certainly not in comparison to the other teams in the division I've seen this season.

EOho8Pw.png

I might have phrased it wrongly but I was agreeing with you. Are we strong in all positions? No. Are we as bad as form suggests? Hell no, certainly not in comparison to the other teams in the division I've seen this season.

Ahhh, fair enough. It'd be a huge mistake to settle for not being one of these teams though: there was never likely to be two/three teams acting as a buffer at the bottom this year, chances were you'd need to avoid the bottom two spots on yer own merits rather than because of a couple of awful sides saving you.

Partick and Falkirk look like they're going to improve and probably always were likely to do so before now anyway, whereas from day one of Johansson there was signs that it wasn't going to go well and it's went downhill from there. If we don't win tomorrow, any ideas that we're somehow in a position of unassailable mid-table security are well and truly banished.

AWMSC

We've won 3 games in 14 and every element of the team is regressing and no individual players are improving. That's not mid-table form, that's a team that's on course for a relegation battle.

Because we have a 5/6th placed team currently being run by an ‘8th in the seaside league’ manager.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Maybe Morton will surprise us tomorrow.  in a good way.

A draw would be acceptable as it means they also drop 2 points.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

No it wouldn’t.

Partick are in a false position so getting a point would probably be our biggest achievement in football in the past 20 years.

32.gif

I keep giving JJ the benefit of being inexperienced however he has a very experienced assistant and between them they still pick Kilday every week even though the guy has been rank rotten all season. Time running out for this duo I'm afraid

Archived