Dundee v Morton - 1st November - Match Thread - Page 8 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Dundee v Morton - 1st November - Match Thread

Chesh

A change of keeper is the main thing we need to turn narrow defeats to draws or wins. There’s no defence in the League who could perform with such an incompetent keeper behind them. He actually panics when making a save, it looks like even simple saves make him frantically attempt to get his fingertips to the ball without anything left to ensure the ball goes clear of danger. It looks almost impossible to make a fingertip save go out towards the penalty area, but he seems to do it routinely. We need to get him out the team to have any chance of putting a decent run together.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A change of keeper is the main thing we need to turn narrow defeats to draws or wins. There’s no defence in the League who could perform with such an incompetent keeper behind them. He actually panics when making a save, it looks like even simple saves make him frantically attempt to get his fingertips to the ball without anything left to ensure the ball goes clear of danger. It looks almost impossible to make a fingertip save go out towards the penalty area, but he seems to do it routinely. We need to get him out the team to have any chance of putting a decent run together.

Agreed.

IMO Hopkin needs to give Rogers a run of 3 games or more, so he can judge whether he needs to bring in a keeper in the window. If Rogers doesn’t cut it we can surely ship him back to Aberdeen, let Ramsbottom go and Free up funds for a competent goalkeeper such as a Gaston.

While he might be willing to accept some reduced payoff if he knew he was never going to play again, I don’t see us freeing up much through punting Ramsbottom anyway. With the likes of Orsi and Muirhead (maybe Blues at a push), if we decided to let them go we’d be able to find League One and League Two clubs willing to take them on loan and cover a fair bit of their wages.

Any club willing to take Ramsbottom on is going to be at a £20 a week plus a wee bit of petrol money level of the game, so there’s not much incentive for him to negotiate a payoff when he’s obviously never going to get near a full-time football club again. We’re stuck with him even if Hopkin gets his act together and drops him.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Archived