Johansson's Future - Page 24 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Johansson's Future

Admin

Johansson's Future  

84 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think should happen to Johansson?

• Sacked before the end of the season
    • Sacked at the end of the current season
    • Allowed to see out his contract until the end of next season
    • Given an extended contract beyond his current deal
  2. 2. What do you think will happen to Johansson?

• Sacked before the end of the season
    • Sacked at the end of the current season
    • Allowed to see out his contract until the end of next season
    • Given an extended contract beyond his current deal

It was a criticism of the club rather than of your article, might not have come across that way.

Ahh okay. I see our SLO (mind him?) is talking about setting up another fans meeting. That should be a laugh, if anyone turns up this time.

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahh okay. I see our SLO (mind him?) is talking about setting up another fans meeting. That should be a laugh, if anyone turns up this time.

Is this so the questions from last time can be answered? Still awaiting a response to most of them.

Think I’m right in saying that an SLO is basically a requirement for an SFA licence. I dare say there are some clubs who take the role seriously, and perhaps the guy at Morton has good intentions and wants to do a good job, but let’s be honest, do we really think the club do anything more than pay lip service to him?

It’s a box ticking exercise, nothing more. The “#Together” patter couldn’t be further off the mark these days.

Tbf to the SLO, it must be really fucking difficult when you've got folk at the helm who don't really give a toss. Folk with the brass-neck to come out with a 3-year plan, then 6 months later task a rookie manager with a cost-cutting exercise. 

Only so much he can do, but i suspect he's banging his head against a brick wall, or been fed a lot of shite by the fluffers in charge. 

Feel for him, because he's a great fella and always willing to help get the Supporters bus's details out there. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

If you were to talk worse managers in our history, he would be getting close to a place amongst them.

He's the worst by a ****ing mile. Zero redeeming qualities and the charisma of a turd.

Was speaking to someone ITK recently and they said McKinnon CLAIMED that he was physically threatened by the Easdales (not about playing their boy). The person said that he didn't believe it but that is what RM was claiming happened.

Sounds like utter bulls***, tbh.

Really? If anyone has any clue of how these guys operate they wouldn't be as dismissive.

I hate Morton right now. The sustainability argument doesn't wash either as the increased prize money for the championship should ensure we at least break even if we finish top 4. And remember we were shelling out the likes of £2000 a week on Andy McLaren while losing approx £300k a season so with the wages a fraction of what they were now and prize money increased why the fuck are we still having to trim the squad? We're being fed lies and treated with contempt. Sack The Board.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

He's the worst by a ****ing mile. Zero redeeming qualities and the charisma of a turd.

Really? If anyone has any clue of how these guys operate they wouldn't be as dismissive.

I hate Morton right now. The sustainability argument doesn't wash either as the increased prize money for the championship should ensure we at least break even if we finish top 4. And remember we were shelling out the likes of £2000 a week on Andy McLaren while losing approx £300k a season so with the wages a fraction of what they were now and prize money increased why the **** are we still having to trim the squad? We're being fed lies and treated with contempt. Sack The Board.

Eddie Thompson then Stephen Thompson. Douglas Rae then Crawford Rae.

Eddie and Douglas fanatical supporters prepared to use/waste as much of their money as it took to keep their club going, albeit with plenty of mistakes and missed opportunities along the way.

Stephen and Crawford, respectful of their fathers' ambitions and not prepared to immediately sell out but not committed to the same extent and looking to escape the financial commitments in the near/medium future.

Is obviously more complicated than that but I think that's at the heart of it.

I see that in today’s episode of utter bullshit excuses TTGJ is both bemoaning a central defender target who went elsewhere in the January window, while also claiming that’s he decided our priorities lay elsewhere in the squad anyway (such as putting three goalkeepers in the books and signing yet another central midfielder). He’s not even able to finish one line before peddling another, entirely contradictory one to cover his back instead.

Get this charlatan out of the club.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Exactly and it is time at the games starting on Saturday to let Rae and the other fuds taking the piss out of all of us that we have had enough.

I’m sure your boycott of the car park and pie stall will reduce the club’s custodians to their knees soon enough.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Maybe time the fans stepped up the protest at the complete shambles that is our club?

‘Fan protests’ are reserved for clubs both at the peak of their banter years and with truly gormless fanbases. The fine traditions of this once-proud football club involves hounding and shame games instead - the first target of which must be the incompetent clownshoes in the dugout alone. He’s a quitter and will walk soon enough: the current spin is simply him prepackaging his hard-luck story to the tabloid media, who in dealing with an ‘ex-Rangers legend’ will gladly lap it up.

I'd definitely attend a fans meeting for the first time, although i doubt very much those in charge would be open to that at this stage.

I was never really too  critical of Dougie, despite the years of failure,missteps and mistakes as i saw him as someone who cared deeply about the club and wanted the best for it but was perhaps too outdated in his thinking to ever make us a success, but there was always a feeling of safety there for me and a case of better the devil you know with his ownership compared to potential imaginary owners people wished for.

This is the first time i have genuine concern about the people running the club. How can you bump your gums constantly about how great a community club Morton have become when you lie to the very members of the community who keep you in business in order to secure their money under false pretences?

The silence from anyone at board level since McKinnon left is disgusting. I don't expect a statement after every concern raised from supporters, however there's been so many concerns this season that to sit in complete silence through it all and let it slowly poison its way throughout the whole club and destroy the better relationship between fans and the club that took years to rebuild is absolutely disgraceful, but the worst thing about the whole situation is that i don't think the leaders of our club really care if they have.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

A significant drop in home attendance would usually see them take notice. But seeing as most folk signed up to the early bird scheme off the back of their lies then they don’t need to worry about that this season.

JJ’s taking us down, of that I have no doubt.

I see that in today’s episode of utter bulls*** excuses TTGJ is both bemoaning a central defender target who went elsewhere in the January window, while also claiming that’s he decided our priorities lay elsewhere in the squad anyway (such as putting three goalkeepers in the books and signing yet another central midfielder). He’s not even able to finish one line before peddling another, entirely contradictory one to cover his back instead.

Get this charlatan out of the club.

Interesting to read Pearson (the other keeper...had to go and check his name) saying in the Tele that he's barely played over the last few years due to injury...and yet he's been given an 18 month deal.

So much for trimming the squad when your third choice goalkeeper who nobody can possibly know how good he is in a competitive game is getting a year and a half.

AWMSC

We don't know what sort of wage Pearson is on and he clearly has the physique to be a good goalkeeper along with clearly having enough ability in youth football to be signed by Newcastle.

If he's on peanuts which i imagine a 3rd choice goalkeeper being signed for the reserves would be then i have no problem with giving him the chance to get his career back on track. Better that than he turns out to be an absolute superstar at this level in the next 6 months and we lose him to Falkirk.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

We don't know what sort of wage Pearson is on and he clearly has the physique to be a good goalkeeper along with clearly having enough ability in youth football to be signed by Newcastle.

If he's on peanuts which i imagine a 3rd choice goalkeeper being signed for the reserves would be then i have no problem with giving him the chance to get his career back on track. Better that than he turns out to be an absolute superstar at this level in the next 6 months and we lose him to Falkirk.

Pretty much this, not really fussed about the Pearson deal. The reserves needed a keeper and he should be more then capable at that level, hopefully fine for 2nd choice too if we go after a better goalie in the summer.

Archived