Mirror Repair - Page 2 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Mirror Repair

Malt

My first job was at Halls.

Sunday paper round, 1975, 75p.  :thumbup2:

My first Sunday paper round would have been circa 1995, and it was 3 pounds from McGuffins on the main road into Gourock (may actually have just been into Gourock.) I wonder if that covered the rate of inflation?

Also, Sunday papers were fucking heavy.

EOho8Pw.png

My first Sunday paper round would have been circa 1995, and it was 3 pounds from McGuffins on the main road into Gourock (may actually have just been into Gourock.) I wonder if that covered the rate of inflation?

Also, Sunday papers were ****ing heavy.

My 75p would have been about £4.40 in today's money. http://www.moneysorter.co.uk/calculator_inflation2.html#calculator

The problem with the Sunday papers in the 70's wasn't the weight, it was the first chance anyone had of reading the football reports from the Saturday. I don't know how many times I walked up Finnart Street on a Sunday morning reading the match reports before realising that I had reached Madeira Street and my first delivery was way back on Campbell Street.  :huh:

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

My 75p would have been about £4.40 in today's money. http://www.moneysorter.co.uk/calculator_inflation2.html#calculator

The problem with the Sunday papers in the 70's wasn't the weight, it was the first chance anyone had of reading the football reports from the Saturday. I don't know how many times I walked up Finnart Street on a Sunday morning reading the match reports before realising that I had reached Madeira Street and my first delivery was way back on Campbell Street. :huh:

They should have sacked you for gross incompetence and thieving then, to add to your failed stint as a shelf stacker.

Archived