Ian Brady - Page 2 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Ian Brady

LinwoodTON

Spectacular swing and miss DHP.

Back in your cowardly spineless box.

Nice try Danny but you're the only Morton fan I've spoken to face to face for a number of weeks.

Did you ever settle that bet?

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

Not wishing to piss on anyone's parade, but I know who WAS is, and it is most certainly NOT Danny Goodwin !

In fact, nothing could be further from the truth :)

Two Uniteds but the soul is one, as the Busby Babes carry on.

Mr McA is many things but an exponent of crochet? I take it croquet is not one of your hobbies? Too busy stalking people and doing the master's bidding?

Whatever you say Nigel.  ;)

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

I'm sure Davie McA does not have anything as suburban as a lawn. Stop being so provincial HC.

I'm waiting on my apology  :angel: .

Mr McA sold out long ago - lawns, privet hedges, petunias, tank tops, dogging etc  As Blur once warbled - He lives in a house, A very big house in the country..

Mr McA is many things but an exponent of crochet? I take it croquet is not one of your hobbies? Too busy stalking people and doing the master's bidding?

I like the idea of croquet in my garden. I could wear the linen suit I've recently bought.

MARTY OUT!!!!!

I like the idea of croquet in my garden. I could wear the linen suit I've recently bought.

Or you could stick by the old fashioned Morton version.

article-2244154-166024FC000005DC-952_634

The Moors Murders is always a case that's absolutely fascinated me- I can't imagine anyone would think up a story like it and write it as fiction.

There's so many interesting sub plots, such as the public perception and demonisation of David Smith after the court case, when in fact he should have been treated as a hero; Hindley's many attempts to get parole whilst Brady desperately tried to keep her inside which ultimately resulted in her confession to the killings of Keith Bennett and Pauline Reade in the 80s; Brady's pathetic, half arsed 18 year hunger strike and Ann West's very public battle with Lord Longford to keep Hindley inside.

One thing to take from the case imho though, was that the abolition of the death penalty was absolutely the correct thing to do. It was abolished whilst they were on remand, and had they hung, the secrets of the other two murders would have gone with them. Added to that, both openly admitted that their time behind bars was absolutely miserable. There's a myth that Brady readily accepted his punishment whist Hindley was desperate for release. Whilst that's true about Hindley, his many pleas to be allowed to die suggest he did nothing of the sort. For those reasons, it was worth the millions it cost to keep them behind bars for a very, very long time.

I just hope that after such a despicable existence, he decided to finally do the decent thing and that stashed away somewhere amongst 50 odd years of paperwork he's left something revealing the location of Keith Bennett's body. Won't hold my breath, though.

Archived