Scottish Independence---yes---or---no - Page 159 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Scottish Independence---yes---or---no

tigerjock

I was at the Cineworld place in Glasgow last weekend and the Yes ad had the final say by being shown straight after the bitter ad.

Edit to add: http://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/referendum-news/angry-response-as-referendum-adverts-come-to-big-screens.24309962

FIRST DIVISION RUNNERS UP 2012/13

Hey Man - Enough of your Stupidness

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do beggars come with their nationality flag nearby? How does one know they are Romanian or not?

Well, its logical really.

If it looks like a duck and says 'quack', then it wont be an emu.

:)

*insert signature here*

Took my Grandson to the cinema today to see Godzilla and quite enjoyed it. What I didn't enjoy were 3 promos (1 for 'Better Together' and 2 for 'No Borders) for the NO campaign in the ads before the movie. No balancing promos for the YES campaign though - perhaps reflective of the cinema chain's politics? Who knows, but they should either present both sides of the argument or, better still, present neither. Escapism is best left uninterrupted.

I was at the cinema a few days ago, and I saw four political adverts, 1 for 'Better Together', 2 for the 'Vote No Borders' and one for 'Yes Scotland'.

In this particular medium, its down to who is willing to pay for the exposure, and the political preference of the owners would have little to do with it.

*insert signature here*

Well, its logical really.

If it looks like a duck and says 'quack', then it wont be an emu.

:)

You can identify the nationality of a begger just by their looks? Impressive!

Seriously though, are you referring to the beggers as being Rumanian in general or specifically Romani Rumanians? Because if it's the latter, then I'm sure you know already that the Roma people come from many other countries other than just Rumania.

Funnily enough there are 2 Rumanians working in my group, and they're both well educated and extremely hard working. I suspect they're probably more representative of the Rumanian people as a whole, rather than the negative stereotypes that are portrayed by you and folk like Nigel Farage. But of course when times are hard it's always easier to blame the immigrants for the situation rather than, say, the politicians and the greedy bankers in the City of London. Problem is, in doing so it lets those who are really responsible off the hook.

You can identify the nationality of a begger just by their looks? Impressive!

Seriously though, are you referring to the beggers as being Rumanian in general or specifically Romani Rumanians? Because if it's the latter, then I'm sure you know already that the Roma people come from many other countries other than just Rumania.

Funnily enough there are 2 Rumanians working in my group, and they're both well educated and extremely hard working. I suspect they're probably more representative of the Rumanian people as a whole, rather than the negative stereotypes that are portrayed by you and folk like Nigel Farage. But of course when times are hard it's always easier to blame the immigrants for the situation rather than, say, the politicians and the greedy bankers in the City of London. Problem is, in doing so it lets those who are really responsible off the hook.

Well, if they're not Romanians, they'll be from some smelly backward shithole next to Romania, like Slovakia or Bulgaria.  Either way, they are on street corners all over the centre of Glasgow, shaking paper cups and saying "mowneeng" in the hope that some kind hardworking soul will throw a few coppers their way to pay their scummy gangmaster.  What do they contribute to our economy?  Sweet fuck all.

They are an embarrasment to the EU, and they should be told to clean up their act or get to fuck out of it.

*insert signature here*

Alex Salmond passed a comment last night about UKIP saying they are all about discussing 'who is a good Romanian and who isn't'.

He also said that isn't what Scottish people want.  I beg to differ.

I'll start:

Those two einsteins that work with CHC are good Romanians, whereas that wanker who smashed John Kennedy's leg at Hampden is not, he's a complete cunt.

*insert signature here*

Guest David Edwards

The Roma are probably the poorest people in Europe, having suffered the most extreme forms of social and economic discrimination for centuries. Most of them have come to the UK and to other countries in Western Europe to escape poverty and find a better life. Some have secured gainful employment but some others, so far, have not.

The 'problem' of the Roma is one of poverty and social exclusion. The 'problem' is not just ours, and so requires humanitarian, social and economic initiatives on a Europe wide basis to address it. Unfortunately, such initiatives have yet to materialise and local agencies, particularly in Glasgow, are stretched to the limit.  

Amongst the Roma here there are a minority of professional beggars, usually run by gangmasters, many of whom are very well heeled and drive around in expensive cars.  Don't be fooled by the Daily Mail and UKIP though, they are a minority, nevertheless professional begging should be a punishable offence (if it isn't already).

The Roma are probably the poorest people in Europe, having suffered the most extreme forms of social and economic discrimination for centuries. Most of them have come to the UK and to other countries in Western Europe to escape poverty and find a better life. Some have secured gainful employment but some others, so far, have not.

So, they're poor.  Why is that our problem?

The 'problem' of the Roma is one of poverty and social exclusion. The 'problem' is not just ours, and so requires humanitarian, social and economic initiatives on a Europe wide basis to address it. Unfortunately, such initiatives have yet to materialise and local agencies, particularly in Glasgow, are stretched to the limit.

No Davie, the problem isn't ours.  They're the social problem from another country that has arrived on our doorstep and we are expected to pay the bill for, thanks to EU expansion into all these pauper countries, against the will of the EU citizens.

Amongst the Roma here there are a minority of professional beggars, usually run by gangmasters, many of whom are very well heeled and drive around in expensive cars.  Don't be fooled by the Daily Mail and UKIP though, they are a minority, nevertheless professional begging should be a punishable offence (if it isn't already).

The same people who are making inroads into other aspects of organised crime in this country.

If there is a party out there who'd say 'we're gonna shut the door on these bastards' they'd certainly win my vote. 

*insert signature here*

Guest David Edwards

So, they're poor. Why is that our problem?

You sound like Jesus when he said 'there will always be the poor'. It's our problem because it's humanity's problem. Extreme poverty and social exclusion can be cured - we have the ability if not (for the moment) the political will.

No Davie, the problem isn't ours. They're the social problem from another country that has arrived on our doorstep and we are expected to pay the bill for, thanks to EU expansion into all these pauper countries, against the will of the EU citizens.

As I said it's not just ours, but the whole of Europe's. We're part of the European Union, an extremely wealthy economic superpower that has the wherewithal to tackle such issues. All that's lacking ( again,for the moment) is the political will.

The same people who are making inroads into other aspects of organised crime in this country.

If there is a party out there who'd say 'we're gonna shut the door on these ****s' they'd certainly win my vote.

There is such a party - UKIP. Good luck with that sour mix of closet racists and reactionaries.

I see the Neo-Liberals are saying it's dissatisfaction with Europe that caused the vote outcome. My take is that's pretty far from the truth. All over Europe people have had enough of austerity whilst the rich elite get away Scot free. It's as much a protest against the ruling elite as it is against the EU. They'll carry on regardless though.

FIRST DIVISION RUNNERS UP 2012/13

Hey Man - Enough of your Stupidness

• 8 months later...

And were back...................................

55% said NO

:) :) :)

Pleasing.

Welcome back. The Xmas period just wasn't the same without your words of wisdom.  :thumbup2:

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

I know that the server has been away since nineteen-canteen, but why has it all defaulted to a pre-referendum state?

I personally wanted to see the meltdown of the messageboard again after such an absence, where the Yes voters developed some kind of Celtic/Seville syndrome over the SNP's increased membership figures, and also Vikington wishing death on pensioners et more.

Also wanted to see Senior Rasta's ramblings about 'Jummy Weal's Commun Reid forundation' or whatever that pile of pish was.  C'mon, I haven't had a good enough laugh for a few months....

:D :D

*insert signature here*

Guest David Edwards

Also wanted to see Senior Rasta's ramblings about 'Jummy Weal's Commun Reid forundation' or whatever that pile of pish was.  C'mon, I haven't had a good enough laugh for a few months....

:D :D

Ah but Paul, there'll be no more of that pinko pish from me. Thanks to you I've seen the light. The bright, white, right light that is and I've accepted Jesus as my saviour.

I'm bwitish and pwoud now, and every time I pass foreign beggars in the street, whether they be from Romania or Bongo-Bongo Land (it doesn't matter - I'm not racist after all) I will always stop and give them a good ticking off. 

Keep Scotland British! Keep Britain British! God save the Queen! Rule Britannia!

I feel so, so much better now; many thanks again to you Paul, not forgetting Jesus of course, and last but not least, the lobotomy.

• 3 weeks later...

Ah but Paul, there'll be no more of that pinko pish from me. Thanks to you I've seen the light. The bright, white, right light that is and I've accepted Jesus as my saviour.

I'm bwitish and pwoud now, and every time I pass foreign beggars in the street, whether they be from Romania or Bongo-Bongo Land (it doesn't matter - I'm not racist after all) I will always stop and give them a good ticking off. 

Keep Scotland British! Keep Britain British! God save the Queen! Rule Britannia!

I feel so, so much better now; many thanks again to you Paul, not forgetting Jesus of course, and last but not least, the lobotomy.

:thumbup2: :thumbup2: :thumbup2: :thumbup2:

*insert signature here*

Archived