Jai Quitongo - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Jai Quitongo

HamCam

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now I appreciate the papers just make things up as they go along but as it is Morton related: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5217481/Transfer-news-Chelsea-Man-Utd-Liverpool-Arsenal-latest.html

Looks to be a rehash of an old rumour especially as no-one thought to check when Jai's contract actually expires.

Exactly, that should surely say that he's got 2 and a half years left, so it would take a very, very decent fee to take him down south. 

Quitongo isn't standing out at Scottish Championship level, who is going to pay for him? His injuries are a concern too...

Would imagine Morton would gladly accept £50k for him right now - his value must have dropped substantially in the last 12 months.

Hope he has an injury free run and helps Morton to the play-offs..

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

Fairly certain he’s only signed until the end of the season.

I've no idea where this claim of a two and a half year deal is coming from either. At best, we've been managing to commit him to a year's extension. 

Injuries have stopped him from regularly demonstrating his talent again this season; that's the only thing that gives Morton a chance of keeping hold of him for a slightly longer period of time. A competent club would gamble on building a better squad (which means more resources) around Quitongo in his inevitable final year: it'd be by far our best chance of getting into the top flight*.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Quitongo isn't standing out at Scottish Championship level, who is going to pay for him? 

There speaks a gormless egg-chaser, who looks up to Derek 'King Snake' Collins as a legendary figure at this once-proud football club.

Sit down. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Quitongo isn't standing out at Scottish Championship level, who is going to pay for him? His injuries are a concern too...

Would imagine Morton would gladly accept £50k for him right now - his value must have dropped substantially in the last 12 months.

Hope he has an injury free run and helps Morton to the play-offs..

He has the qualities to make it and the first half against Inverness showed all of them.

Bigger teams will expect inconsistencies from young players and instead gamble on the potential of a player which he was bags of.

He has the qualities to make it and the first half against Inverness showed all of them.

Bigger teams will expect inconsistencies from young players and instead gamble on the potential of a player which he was bags of.

He has the physical attributes to play at a higher level. Hope he has an injury-free spell, to see what he can really do. I personally don't think he's the most talented of footballers, but he is young enough to make technical improvements and gain some composure... lots to learn.

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

There speaks a gormless egg-chaser, who looks up to Derek 'King Snake' Collins as a legendary figure at this once-proud football club.

Sit down. 

With 618 appearances for Morton, Derek Collins is, and always will be, a Morton legend (whether you like it or not).

I'm quite happy to have an interest in several sports. A continually sold-out Murrayfield (67k), would suggest that rugby is a hugely popular sport in Scotland, backed up by participation numbers in the last 10 years almost doubling, while football (outside of women's football) is in decline.

With 618 appearances for Morton, Derek Collins is, and always will be, a Morton legend (whether you like it or not).

Unfortunately for Derek those appearances can and will be contrasted with his snaking of the club on two separate occasions, and so he will be a 'legend' in the same way the kit man is a Hall of Fame entrant, i.e. a joke. 

I'm quite happy to have an interest in several sports. A continually sold-out Murrayfield (67k), would suggest that rugby is a hugely popular sport in Scotland, backed up by participation numbers in the last 10 years almost doubling, while football (outside of women's football) is in decline.

67k followers in a country of five million people; versus the hundreds of thousands that attend Scotland's one sport of significance on a weekly basis (attendances growing as well). Get back in your box. 

There is no way participation in rugby has doubled in the last two years. My understanding is that many rugby clubs are struggling to put out a first never mind second or third team. I also have no doubt attendances, outside the current upsurge in interest in the national team, continues to fall. 

There is no way participation in rugby has doubled in the last two years. My understanding is that many rugby clubs are struggling to put out a first never mind second or third team. I also have no doubt attendances, outside the current upsurge in interest in the national team, continues to fall. 

Participation numbers for kids on the increase, one of the fastest growing sports in the last decade...

Google search returns a few related articles. Football is of course the number one sport in Scotland by far, but participation numbers are declining...

I can now add ****ing weird to my CV.

I don't get the narrow-mindedness of thinking football is the only worthwhile sport. I played several sports competitively, and enjoyed them all... also enjoy watching several sports I've never played.

Archived