Betfred Cup Group Stage July 2019 - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Betfred Cup Group Stage July 2019

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Motherwell

Queen of the South

Annan

Dumbarton

We're guaranteed Motherwell away, the way the fixtures work, so hopefully Queens and Dumvbarton at home and Annan away. Home advantage against our main rivals for second and a better away day from the two weaker teams is the way forward imho.

Doesn't seem very fair that certain groups get 3 Prem/Championship teams and the rest only get 2. Shouldn't these groups then get 2 automatic qualification places instead of having to go to the best runners up table?

At least 5 games v QOS. Very boring. An 18 team Premiership and Championship would be much more entertaining.

Sunday’s game is evidence enough why that should not be a thing.

We've played 'unseeded diddy B' away from home on the opening day in every season of the group format, so at least Annan away looks quite likely to happen. There's nothing inspiring about the rest of that. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Haven’t Morton turned the “shoe-in home game” into a Ladies Day event for the last two seasons?

If they don’t bin the idea, that’ll probably be Dumbarton this season.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Away to Motherwell and Annan, but on a Friday and Tuesday respectively. Motherwell game on BT.

Dumbarton at home is Tuesday, Queen of the South a Saturday.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Get that so far to fuck. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Get that so far to fuck.

Aye one decent away day and they have it on a fucking Tuesday night.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

• 1 month later...

Tomorrow our League Cup group kicks off. Mercifully we don't have a game - this gives us a couple more days to get some warm bodies in. The matches are:

Annan-Dumbarton

QoS-Motherwell

Pair of away wins on the cards, you'd think.

EOho8Pw.png

Tomorrow our League Cup group kicks off. Mercifully we don't have a game - this gives us a couple more days to get some warm bodies in. The matches are:

Annan-Dumbarton

QoS-Motherwell

Pair of away wins on the cards, you'd think.

Depends if Duffy has bothered to sign any players or not, I suppose.

AWMSC

Archived