Superbowl - Page 2 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Superbowl

I was wrong, and that was a pretty amazing TD.

This is even better than last year's game IMO.

edit: lol all the commentators here are going on about how he wasn't going to be called as a runner and it would be overturned... it doesn't get overturned, and they pretend they hadn't been having that conversation. US commentators are, in my opinion, miles behind UK ones for most sports.

EOho8Pw.png

OK, so it's an eight point game with 1:05 remaining. If the Pats come back from this it's one of the all-time greatest comebacks, better than last year even... and it won't even be a win if they manage that, it'll be overtime.

But I don't bet against Brady.

EOho8Pw.png

I think "soccer" is an infinitely better sport than American football but I will say this - the whole clock management thing with timeouts makes close games pretty exciting at the very end. 

Philly using the last TO now to coordinate their defensive line.

EOho8Pw.png

Fair play to the Eagles, they deserved that, the Pats had paths back into the game but didn't take them, even allowing for their one point lead. Philly take the championship for the first time since 1960 and they did it off a combination of last-ditch defense and some intelligent offensive play. They'll be dancing on the streets of Eagle tonight.

EOho8Pw.png

**** yer Pats :lol:

Yep, absolutely bottled it. I'm not a Patriots fan (I'm not a fan of any NFL team, inasmuch as I folllow American football I watch Florida State in the ACC) but despite what looks like a high score on the board they went out with a whimper on this one. But that was largely down to the Eagles, who looked superb for most of tonight.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived