Winding up of GMST - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Winding up of GMST

HamCam

I received in the post this morning confirmation of the winding up of GMST resulting in a cash donation to GMCT and a redistribution of retained shares. 

Like so many other fans, I really wanted the GMST to work and therefore contributed money. Many thanks to those who put their head above the parapet and selflessly gave up their time but as with so many things involving Morton it was ultimately destined to fail. No point raking over the past but it does highlight the difficulty in any fan-based venture working for the good of all and not destroying itself in a spiral of self-interest and hubris. At least going forward there will be 230 new shareholders to fill the Board room at Cappielow for the AGM.

I received in the post this morning confirmation of the winding up of GMST resulting in a cash donation to GMCT and a redistribution of retained shares. 

Like so many other fans, I really wanted the GMST to work and therefore contributed money. Many thanks to those who put their head above the parapet and selflessly gave up their time but as with so many things involving Morton it was ultimately destined to fail. No point raking over the past but it does highlight the difficulty in any fan-based venture working for the good of all and not destroying itself in a spiral of self-interest and hubris. At least going forward there will be 230 new shareholders to fill the Board room at Cappielow for the AGM.

As did I.  i didn't realise that there were so few members of the Trust.  Like you I had hoped it would work, but sadly it didn't.  At least I can now vote in the AGM and have some shares to put in the will when I snuff it.

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

They got my name wrong on the share certificate (both first and last name, which takes some doing). The certificate itself couldn't be more cheap and shoddy if it was written on a beer mat with a bookie's pen. Never change, Morton.

Needless to say I'll be asking them to provide me with a new certificate that isn't made out to someone else.

EOho8Pw.png

I preferred the winding up of Gordon Dyer by the GMST. Did he ever get his handful of shares in the end?

I was going through some old stuff the other day and came across some correspondence from GMST from back in its early days, I was member 00338, long before the likes of him ever became interested through some warped agenda of his own.

Back then there was also a divide between ordinary members at a £10 a year and loan note holders, and it was the ordinary members that was allowed to fall by the wayside first which was the beginning of the end.

*insert signature here*

They got my name wrong on the share certificate (both first and last name, which takes some doing). The certificate itself couldn't be more cheap and shoddy if it was written on a beer mat with a bookie's pen. Never change, Morton.

Needless to say I'll be asking them to provide me with a new certificate that isn't made out to someone else.

They still got my surname wrong on the second attempt, despite my typing it out clearly on the email, but it's close enough. The good thing is I have it in PDF format now, so I can print it out on heavy card stock and frame it, which I'll be doing this weekend. I'll put it next to my collection of vintage Wild West barbed wire, which is mounted on cedar, and a blown-up printout of the time my wife got a $500 parking ticket for stopping in a handicapped zone to unload an overhead projector.

EOho8Pw.png

They still got my surname wrong on the second attempt, despite my typing it out clearly on the email, but it's close enough. The good thing is I have it in PDF format now, so I can print it out on heavy card stock and frame it, which I'll be doing this weekend. I'll put it next to my collection of vintage Wild West barbed wire, which is mounted on cedar, and a blown-up printout of the time my wife got a $500 parking ticket for stopping in a handicapped zone to unload an overhead projector.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UrgpZ0fUixs

*insert signature here*

It was pretty funny. I was there at the time (we'd arrived in separate vehicles because i. I was leaving earlier than her, before the event concluded and ii. this is America and we'll produce double the emissions if we want to.)

It was literally one minute's walk from the car with this heavy-as-fuck projector, then putting it down on a table, then around 30 seconds back to the car, and in that time she had apparently inconvenienced a stumbly-American so much (at 7am on a Saturday, when there were around five cars total in this lot, which would take up most of Greenock town center, if not most of the town proper), that the "campus police" felt moved to print out a ticket and place it on the truck before scuttling back away for their 9th donut break of the morning.

I advised her not to pay it and instead to appeal it, but she's endearingly conformist so she did pay it, the next business day even.

EOho8Pw.png

That's alpha as fuck, in fairness. I wouldn't dare do this at my local Kroger or Tom Thumb. I'd get battered by either disgruntled staff, customers, or probably both (and deservedly so.)

EOho8Pw.png

Archived