New Kit Launched - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

New Kit Launched

so72

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get that restrictions are ongoing and that limits the ability to have the usual kind of photoshoot clubs have with kit launches, but they could still have marketed it a bit better than just shoving it out on twitter with no build up, failing to construct a sentence in the tweet and not having any photos of the real top at all.

Any return to normal hoops is going to be an improvement on the last two monstrosities, but I'll reserve judgement until we get a real life photo rather than a mock up.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Pretty shoddy marketing right enough.

Aye. I get that there are the furlough and social distancing issues, but no models, no teasers, released on a Monday morning with no build up or comment on the kit. No direct marketing via e-mail.

It just seems like a job that needed done, so it’s been done and now it can take care of itself.

Incidentally, I like the kit. Good, solid, inoffensive shirt that’s lacking in gimmicks like the last monstrosity. Exactly what you want from a home kit. But come on, make a bit of an effort to sell the thing.

EDIT: Aye, what Dunning said.

Also, the link not taking you directly to the page where the kit is sold and the mention of the launch day being hidden a way on a panel on said page rather than being more prominent on the original tweet.

Looks cracking on the Smith's website. Hopefully we're still going for a 'proper' launch nearer the start of the season once fixtures etc. are announced.

According to the link there is an official launch on Sat 18 July.

Aye. I get that there are the furlough and social distancing issues, but no models, no teasers, released on a Monday morning with no build up or comment on the kit. No direct marketing via e-mail.

It just seems like a job that needed done, so it’s been done and now it can take care of itself.

Incidentally, I like the kit. Good, solid, inoffensive shirt that’s lacking in gimmicks like the last monstrosity. Exactly what you want from a home kit. But come on, make a bit of an effort to sell the thing.

EDIT: Aye, what Dunning said.

The current home top has been the best for a while imo.

https://twitter.com/sportsmarketsco/status/1267449359752454149?s=21

Seems it’s not just those of us with a vested interest that see fault in Morton’s attempt at marketing the kit.

The guy who runs that page seems to be a Morton fan so has the same vested interest as anyone on here.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived