Chinese Coronavirus threatens Dundee Utd game - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Chinese Coronavirus threatens Dundee Utd game

capitanus

It obviously doesn't kill bacteria but it's still more effective at actual cleansing, as anyone who's ever washed dishes can tell you. So if your hands are actually dirty, it's much better.

The old fairy liquid ad jingle could be a good song to sing to ourselves while we wash our hands.

And encourages people to actually do it rather than avoiding sticking their hands under an ice tap.

This is a good point too.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The risk of Coronavirus spreading at Cappielow would be greatly reduced if we rid ourselves of that fucking sauce table in the Cowshed.

Would be nice if they also had hot water in the toilets - and FFS how long does it take to fit a proper hand dryer that actually pumps out some hot air?

I assume they have chosen Monday so as not to affect the bigot brothers' game on Sunday.  Should have let it go ahead but played it behind closed doors.  However given the rapid spread of this disease, banning large gatherings is a good move, and good to see even Jackson Carlaw acting in a co-operative manner over this.

The UK government's response to this pandemic has been pathetic.  They seem to be more concerned with the economy (i.e. their own vast wealth) than the wellbeing of the population.  They have not taken any steps to cancel big sporting events - that has only happened where players or management have tested positive for CV.  Johnson said they should do nothing and just let the virus pass through the population - that is utterly cynical, advocating sacrificing vulnerable people pretty much for economic reasons.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

I'm torn between wanting the leagues to finish now, with current league positions being final, or whether to void this season's league entirely. 

Hearts and Partick both getting relegated along with Falkirk staying in League One would be glorious. However, Liverpool's first league win in 30 years being ruled null and void would be absolutely spectacular. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

I'm torn between wanting the leagues to finish now, with current league positions being final, or whether to void this season's league entirely. 

Hearts and Partick both getting relegated along with Falkirk staying in League One would be glorious. However, Liverpool's first league win in 30 years being ruled null and void would be absolutely spectacular. 

Absolutely. Dundee United being consigned to the Championship for another year would be a laugh too, likewise Celtic being done out of another title.

AWMSC

I don't see why they would, given that English players and managers are *literally contagious* right now while Scottish clubs are seemingly fine. Unless that changes dramatically in the next 24 hours then there's no reason to change approach.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Re: voiding the league, the last time that this happened - at the outbreak of the Second World War - resulted in The Famous being lifted effortlessly from dung, second tier obscurity to their rightful place in the top flight by the football authorities. Trophyless permadiddies like Arbroath, Alloa, Saint Johnstone and 'Ayr United' were all summarily punted down to the big seaside league to make room for Scottish football's true establishment club.

Let's anticipate - and demand - similar treatment this time round.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

NB: And if you think I'm exaggerating the dung obscurity point, check out the absolute fucking nick of our league placing in September 1939:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1939%E2%80%9340_in_Scottish_football

EA0YSi1WwAgAmIi.jpg

So do we get players to carry on playing into June, after their contracts expire?

What if, for example, Partick decide to sign all of Alloas out of contract players and leave them without any senior players?

Do we force an obligatory months extension to the contracts, sans payment? Do we do that, but just delay April or May's salary to June? What if the whole summer is a complete right off?

Good luck to FIFA coming up with solutions to this.

So do we get players to carry on playing into June, after their contracts expire?

What if, for example, Partick decide to sign all of Alloas out of contract players and leave them without any senior players?

Do we force an obligatory months extension to the contracts, sans payment? Do we do that, but just delay April or May's salary to June? What if the whole summer is a complete right off?

Good luck to FIFA coming up with solutions to this.

Can't force anything contractually but they can change transfer windows and stop the registration of players.

This is a financial mess.

Just cancelled Melbourne G Prix while at the gates today.

Oz Footie/cricket no spectators.

If no players have Conov-19 play behind closed doors and get it on the net.

Will there be a season ticket refund?

“This is a financial mess” and “play behind closed doors” don’t quite work together. We need gate money.

Ain't happening. This is, for a few weeks at least, the new reality. The club has some serious thinking to do, because the SFA and League aren't going to even come close to making up the shortfall.

EOho8Pw.png

Ain't happening. This is, for a few weeks at least, the new reality. The club has some serious thinking to do, because the SFA and League aren't going to even come close to making up the shortfall.

So long as the games are postponed and played eventually then you’re only dealing with a short term cashflow issue and relatively small losses overall. Playing them behind closed doors would be financially ruinous on a whole new level and thankfully doesn’t seem to be on the cards for now. We’ve had cases of winter weather causing a protracted shutdown before as well as the SPFL (or its predecessor) paying out some of the end of season sums early to clubs in immediate danger of folding - IIRC Gretna received that aid. So I think Scottish football can just about muddle through a month or so’s disruption but if it becomes indefinite or they play the games behind closed doors then a government bailout is essential.

Archived