The Tidser Thread - Page 9 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Tidser Thread

TRVMP

74 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think has happened with Tidser?

• Signed a pre-contract elsewhere
    • Signed a new deal with Morton
    • Nothing
    • Don't know

Tough game in hand for them at Ross County, mind you.

Aye, it's not exactly a stick-on but the fact that they *can* get within 5 points proves the point in itself. It's not that McKinnon is necessarily great, he's just better than Johansson.

Most people are, in fairness, but the comparison is an easy one in the circumstances.

AWMSC

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have expressed my reservations about JJ before but I do think there are signs that he is getting more of a grip of things.

We are now going into the final quarter of the season which for the last three years has been our downfall. Let's see how that plans out then go from there.

Because there was no way on earth the club would be in a position to double the wage of someone who is already one of the, if not the, highest earners at the club. He’s entitled to ask, of course he is, but there’s not a chance he was ever going to get that.

How much is he on?

If we double everyones wages it’d be worse than League One, we would do a Rangers or Gretna.

I remember John McNeil being publicly scathing and scunnered by the amount he got for his testimonial, I know it was years ago so economics are different now but he said that after all the costs were deducted he ended up with 5 grand it's hardly an incentive

Tidser's set pieces were poor most of the time but from open play just a class above. Always on the ball, never wasting a pass. He's one of the best players in the league, no doubt about it. 

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Tbh did Falkirk really challenge Our keeper?

Not really. A couple of shots that were of the "pass back" variety.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

I don't think the support was lied to at the start of the season; at the start of the season Crawford gave a sizable budget to McKinnon for investment both on and off the park. Season tickets were sold along with the supposed '3 year plan'. Everything was rosy until McKinnon snaked off to Grangemouth.

Johansson started this discussion with his comments about the budget. If Johansson has been told to cut the budget by the board then I do feel that the board lied to the fans by abandoning the apparent 3 year plan after about six months. Either Johansson has deflected wildly with no repercussions (as Dunning mentioned) or the board have tried to quietly abandon the plan they shouted from the rooftops at the beginning of the season. Neither bode well for mending the rupture between the club and the support.

I’m not sure it’s that clear cut. There was solid evidence of a 3 year plan in both the words and actions of Crawford Rae at the start of the season, including his financial backing for McKinnon’s team building. This may (likely IMO) have been due to his faith in McKinnon to deliver on the 3 year plan. Then I feel CR may have re-adjusted his backing to JJ due to not having the same level of trust in an untried Young Manager as he (ironically) did in McKinnon, until he saw evidence of what JJ could deliver.

That’s the Falkirk Herald reporting that he’s signing for them now. Dressed up as ‘understands’ etc rather than having any official quotes but at the point a local paper is reporting it you know it’s confirmed.

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-fc/falkirk-to-sign-morton-midfielder-michael-tidser-in-the-summer-1-4882255

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Crawford & co can fucking ram their “Together” pish. Imagine letting your best player go to another team in this league when there’s a “3 year plan” to get promoted. Fuck off.

Crawford & co can ****ing ram their “Together” pish. Imagine letting your best player go to another team in this league when there’s a “3 year plan” to get promoted. **** off.

Morton should have made it plain to Tidser that they wanted him to stay and probably did. However if he was being offered 'ridiculous' money elsewhere then he should go.

It is pretty daft to say on the one hand that the club should have a longer term plan, which we all would want and support and then to say that they should make that plan impossible to deliver by blowing the budget to meet unreasonable demands from any player(s).

The fact that he is going to Falkirk sticks in the craw and much as I like him and would have preferred that he stayed, I now hope he is playing his football in League One next year.

Morton should have made it plain to Tidser that they wanted him to stay and probably did. However if he was being offered 'ridiculous' money elsewhere then he should go.

It is pretty daft to say on the one hand that the club should have a longer term plan, which we all would want and support and then to say that they should make that plan impossible to deliver by blowing the budget to meet unreasonable demands from any player(s).

The fact that he is going to Falkirk sticks in the craw and much as I like him and would have preferred that he stayed, I now hope he is playing his football in League One next year.

Very calm response and bang on. If the Board tried to keep him but were blown out the water then let him go. He could have went plenty of places but chose Falkirk. Let Lyon play every week now and get him ready to replace Tids.

Hard to believe Lyon is 18, some potential. 2 very good performances this week!

Give the boy a new contract this week, give the fans something to be happy about after the Tidser news is officially confirmed.

Hard to believe Lyon is 18, some potential. 2 very good performances this week!

Give the boy a new contract this week, give the fans something to be happy about after the Tidser news is officially confirmed.

Falkirk probably charm Lyon away as well whilst Morton stand back And take it

TIME FOR CHANGE!

He doesn’t seem like a complete and utter snake so that’s unlikely to happen.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived