The Tidser Thread - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Tidser Thread

TRVMP

74 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think has happened with Tidser?

• Signed a pre-contract elsewhere
    • Signed a new deal with Morton
    • Nothing
    • Don't know

Just me that doesn't give a fuck about all the sports science stuff, then? Yeah, it's nice to have n'at, but at our level of the game it's not a big deal. It'll make a few differences here and there on the extreme margins - a better squad would make a far bigger difference. I suppose having all the bells and whistles might help attract better players, but having some dork with a whistle and a spreadsheet isn't the difference between Ayr and Ross County.

EOho8Pw.png

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is what I'm getting at. We granted McKinnons (an out of work manager) request to make use of sport science and gave him funds to build his own squad (he inherited 4 players). Which part of this suggests we're suddenly making a serious push for the premier league? It's all a crock of shit.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

You keep toeing the party line. I'm not buying it anymore and neither are the rest of the fanbase from what I can gather.

It's no party line. The vast majority of supporters were excited by everything being done and we're gutted McKinnon left.

If he were still here I'm pretty sure we'd be top 3 at least.

It's no party line. The vast majority of supporters were excited by everything being done and we're gutted McKinnon left.

Yeah, he's not here though. How long are we going to woe-is-me ourselves over it? He snaked us, he was wrong to do so - but it happens in all walks of life.

EOho8Pw.png

Bringing in an ambitious manager backing him and letting him totally restructure the backroom staff says that though. We might not have won anything with McKinnon but I think we'd be up there challenging.

And we lost it all in 6/7 weeks.

The players don’t seem to listen to this new sports scientist. There was one game where they were all doing their own thing.

tonights the night to see then

You keep toeing the party line. I'm not buying it anymore and neither are the rest of the fanbase from what I can gather.

I often wonder if the club are reading this? It's pretty damning actually.

I'm in same boat. Can't be arsed with this shit show much longer

TIME FOR CHANGE!

On one level I see where irnbru is coming from. Everyone had bought into the ambition at the start of the season, no one was suggesting the board were duping us while McKinnon was still here and the board obviously didn’t want to lose him. The season hasn’t collapsed since he did because of a lack of ambition from the board, but because they took a gamble on a first time manager and that manager has turned out to be hopeless. Had we taken a gamble that went well and found ourselves sitting comfortably in the top four just now no one would be questioning ambition.

Where that does turn into ambition being questioned is if they decide to just trundle along with him as manager next season and hope it turns out for the best when he’s shown nothing to suggest he can have us competing at the right end of the table, barring an unforseeable excellent run of results to end this season. If there is a serious ambition to be promoted they have to accept they got the appointment wrong and take the hit of paying him off, if not then it’s clear treading water is the extent of their ambition.

That doesn’t take into account Tidser leaving, or Johansson’s comments about the budget needing reduced. There’s really no in between there; if it’s true then the board have lied to the fans about a 3 year plan, if not then Johansson has gone so far in trying to deflect from bad performances that he’s lied about the board, in which case why haven’t they taken action? Either way the club comes out of it looking awful and has some serious explaining to do to get fans onside.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

On one level I see where irnbru is coming from. Everyone had bought into the ambition at the start of the season, no one was suggesting the board were duping us while McKinnon was still here and the board obviously didn’t want to lose him. The season hasn’t collapsed since he did because of a lack of ambition from the board, but because they took a gamble on a first time manager and that manager has turned out to be hopeless. Had we taken a gamble that went well and found ourselves sitting comfortably in the top four just now no one would be questioning ambition.

Where that does turn into ambition being questioned is if they decide to just trundle along with him as manager next season and hope it turns out for the best when he’s shown nothing to suggest he can have us competing at the right end of the table, barring an unforseeable excellent run of results to end this season. If there is a serious ambition to be promoted they have to accept they got the appointment wrong and take the hit of paying him off, if not then it’s clear treading water is the extent of their ambition.

That doesn’t take into account Tidser leaving, or Johansson’s comments about the budget needing reduced. There’s really no in between there; if it’s true then the board have lied to the fans about a 3 year plan, if not then Johansson has gone so far in trying to deflect from bad performances that he’s lied about the board, in which case why haven’t they taken action? Either way the club comes out of it looking awful and has some serious explaining to do to get fans onside.

The last sentence - when have they ever explained anything? They dont care about us or what we think.

We've been conned and only JJs comments have really exposed that.

Edit. At least in JJ deflecting and making excuses for the bad performances, he was honest.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Above all else, in relation to Tidser, in a season when we've been shafted by Falkirk we should be doing absolutely everything to avoid losing someone else to those bastards. It makes us look weak and tin pot being continuously raided by those cunts for what seems like fun.

Whoever sanctioned this should be fucking strung.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Above all else, in relation to Tidser, in a season when we've been shafted by Falkirk we should be doing absolutely everything to avoid losing someone else to those bastards. It makes us look weak and tin pot being continuously raided by those **** for what seems like fun.

Whoever sanctioned this should be ****ing strung.

The only people who sanctioned this are Michael Tidser and by extension his agent: it’s called freedom of contract for good reason. Not sure if King Snakes would be harmed by that form of execution though.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

First, there’s no evidence that Morton have refused to offer a revised deal: it’s now March and so two months have passed since his agent’s plant job in the newspapers. Secondly, as you and everyone else keeps claiming, Tidser simply ‘has’ to take the Snake’s extra thirty pieces of silver, so what could the club offer to keep a free agent in the summer at the club?

If you genuinely believe that Tidser should only look out for his own interests then he was always going to leave in the summer. You can’t have it both ways and also blame the club with that argument.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

First, there’s no evidence that Morton have refused to offer a revised deal: it’s now March and so two months have passed since his agent’s plant job in the newspapers. Secondly, as you and everyone else keeps claiming, Tidser simply ‘has’ to take the Snake’s extra thirty pieces of silver, so what could the club offer to keep a free agent in the summer at the club?

If you genuinely believe that Tidser should only look out for his own interests then he was always going to leave in the summer. You can’t have it both ways and also blame the club with that argument.

You're a lost cause. No point in trying to convince you of anything once you've taken a stance.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Tidser went in and asked the club in January to double his wage on a new 2 year deal n he would sign there n then he was told not happening as we don't know what the budget will be next season so here we are.

If morton don't want him or are willing to pay what tidser is looking for by all means look elsewhere but not those horrible bastards.

If it is indeed Falkirk let's hope they followed the correct procedures and didn't approach the player before the 1st of January with a pca.

Yeah, he's not here though. How long are we going to woe-is-me ourselves over it? He snaked us, he was wrong to do so - but it happens in all walks of life.

My point was that it wasn't really empty promises at the start of the season. There was a genuine optimism and push for something which makes McKinnons actions worse.

Tidser went in and asked the club in January to double his wage on a new 2 year deal n he would sign there n then he was told not happening as we don't know what the budget will be next season so here we are.

If morton don't want him or are willing to pay what tidser is looking for by all means look elsewhere but not those horrible bastards.

If it is indeed Falkirk let's hope they followed the correct procedures and didn't approach the player before the 1st of January with a pca.

He asked for double his wage? Surely not?

Above all else, in relation to Tidser, in a season when we've been shafted by Falkirk we should be doing absolutely everything to avoid losing someone else to those bastards. It makes us look weak and tin pot being continuously raided by those **** for what seems like fun.

Whoever sanctioned this should be ****ing strung.

Who do you think sanctioned it? He’s out of contract at the end of the season, he can do what he wants.

If this is true, no wonder he didn’t get a new deal.

That's as fair and balanced (and accurate) as an assessment of the whole thing as you'll get. If McKinnon had stayed I genuinely think we'd be a presence (at least) at the top end of the table, and if Johansson hadn't been such a disaster that'd probably still be the case and we wouldn't be asking these questions: as it is though, he didn't, he did and we are.

It strikes me that there was basically a token effort made in the summer in the hope that this season would go without a hitch then it'd be either a problem for another time or a problem for somebody else after that. It clearly hasn't went without a hitch - it's went wrong in a manner nobody could have envisaged - but all that's done has been to reveal the fact that there wasn't any kind of plan and it was no more than fluff.

I couldn't really care less about whatever excuses are made at this point: they've taken our money and taken us for mugs. They've conned people out of money with false premises and false promises, and if they wanted to prove that wasn't the case Johansson would have been sacked weeks ago. 

AWMSC

Archived