morton v q o s - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

morton v q o s

beetee

Bin this cretin now. Let Cappie take the team tonight.

There's also some sort of bizarre drivel about "putting out the players who'll fight". It's remarkable how he seems to have an endless stream of absolute shite to talk, he never seems to run out of idiotic things to say.

AWMSC

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's also some sort of bizarre drivel about "putting out the players who'll fight". It's remarkable how he seems to have an endless stream of absolute s***e to talk, he never seems to run out of idiotic things to say.

He says this yet Dykes will be the first name on the team sheet. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

There's also some sort of bizarre drivel about "putting out the players who'll fight". It's remarkable how he seems to have an endless stream of absolute s***e to talk, he never seems to run out of idiotic things to say.

So that's him basically saying Tids on the bench, lol.

Also pretty insulting to the players who don't start!

It's not really about what he's saying though. If he said that and the team was winning, then we'd all agree with him. 

Nah, of course not, but the fact that everything he's saying and everything he does is completely at odds just adds to the whole shambles. 

I think there is a few issues, tough. No-one really doubts the tactical knowledge or training methods of Ian Cathro, but his Hearts team lacked any clear identity (and much of the time was a bit of a mess). If, as a manager, you cannot actually get the players to do what you want them to do (whether through inspiring them to show some fight or whatever else) then it doesn't matter what you know or what your trying to do. There are similarities with what's going on with JJ (not that I'm saying that he actually he knows what he's doing at all, but just the 'at odds' thing isn't necessarily as at odds as it appears). 

Tonight is a massive game. QOTS will be reeling after the late Alloa winner on Saturday and we're plainly s***e. Let's hope we can manage to s**tfest a win tonight but I can't see it. Tonight could be a mini shame game. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

I'd put McAllister on Dobbie with instructions not to get more than half a yard away from him the whole game. Stop him playing and you reduce Queens' goal threat by about two thirds.  I have absolutely no belief that JJ will have a clue how to set the team out though, so it will probably be up to the players to work out by themselves what to do.  They should just meet up at Chris Millar's house before the game and sort it out between them.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

I think there is a few issues, tough. No-one really doubts the tactical knowledge or training methods of Ian Cathro, but his Hearts team lacked any clear identity (and much of the time was a bit of a mess). If, as a manager, you cannot actually get the players to do what you want them to do (whether through inspiring them to show some fight or whatever else) then it doesn't matter what you know or what your trying to do. There are similarities with what's going on with JJ (not that I'm saying that he actually he knows what he's doing at all, but just the 'at odds' thing isn't necessarily as at odds as it appears). 

It really is: for example, bemoaning a lack of height when it was Dykes' half-arsed attempt that caused the goal on Saturday, or moaning about lack of pace and forwards then playing Dallas out wide with O'Connell on the bench. 

AWMSC

I think there is a few issues, tough. No-one really doubts the tactical knowledge or training methods of Ian Cathro, but his Hearts team lacked any clear identity (and much of the time was a bit of a mess). If, as a manager, you cannot actually get the players to do what you want them to do (whether through inspiring them to show some fight or whatever else) then it doesn't matter what you know or what your trying to do. There are similarities with what's going on with JJ (not that I'm saying that he actually he knows what he's doing at all, but just the 'at odds' thing isn't necessarily as at odds as it appears).

See at least Cathro had the excuse that Levein totally undermined him and signed players that couldn't play his style.

Jj has been backed by the Board; given a supportive Assistant and even been allowed to f**k off our best player. I don't think he could possibly be any worse haha

What's the exact quote about this?

EOho8Pw.png

It really is: for example, bemoaning a lack of height when it was Dykes' half-arsed attempt that caused the goal on Saturday, or moaning about lack of pace and forwards then playing Dallas out wide with O'Connell on the bench. 

He didn't actually blame the lack of height though. I read it as despite being a small team overall, we need to be doing better at set pieces (as in, we can't use it as an excuse because it's not the issue). I mean, he maybe didn't need to mention any possible height issue but he did say, "we need to be better at defensive set plays - they've been costing us for a while now." That's the bottom line. 

It looks like he has brought in a player like O'Connell to help us with our lack of pace (or at least replace what we lost in Tiffoney), and presumably thought he wasn't ready to start yet (and he maybe has looked better off the bench than he did in the starting team). I tend to think the lack of pace comments are more about the middle of the team, though. I don't agree with his comments, but it's not exactly something that people haven't said. 

I don't think he's doing a good job (he's done a pretty terrible job so far), but it's very easy to read everything he says in a negative light because of how poorly he's doing. 

See at least Cathro had the excuse that Levein totally undermined him and signed players that couldn't play his style.

Jj has been backed by the Board; given a supportive Assistant and even been allowed to f**k off our best player. I don't think he could possibly be any worse haha

I think that was only part of it. People like Kris Boyd also undermined him by essentially saying that he'd never be respected enough (a view that is fairly widespread). But the basic point is that he couldn't get his point across. 

The game against Dunfermline was a big example of this for me. I think I could see what JJ was trying to do, but it just wasn't working. The players just didn't know how to make it work. I think it has been fairly consistent all the way through that JJ hasn't understood what players are capable of what. 

I'm not sure there is a strong case for being backed by the board. They allowed him to shuffle things about, but there wasn't any trust placed in him in terms of extra investment into the playing staff. You could argue that Cathro was given a supportive DoF and also fell out with players. Sometimes it just comes down to not being a good enough manager (especially in terms of man management). 

If somebody could ‘do a Kepa’ and overrule all of that dipshit in the dugout’s decisions this evening, that’d be great.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I think that was only part of it. People like Kris Boyd also undermined him by essentially saying that he'd never be respected enough (a view that is fairly widespread). But the basic point is that he couldn't get his point across.

The game against Dunfermline was a big example of this for me. I think I could see what JJ was trying to do, but it just wasn't working. The players just didn't know how to make it work. I think it has been fairly consistent all the way through that JJ hasn't understood what players are capable of what.

I'm not sure there is a strong case for being backed by the board. They allowed him to shuffle things about, but there wasn't any trust placed in him in terms of extra investment into the playing staff. You could argue that Cathro was given a supportive DoF and also fell out with players. Sometimes it just comes down to not being a good enough manager (especially in terms of man management).

Fair enough mate.

Guess my overall point was that I think Cathro is a good coach with a philosophy but JJ hasn't struck me as being a coach or having a style/philosophy. He is - to me - a pundit in a managers job.

Archived