Motherwell v Morton - Match Thread - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Motherwell v Morton - Match Thread

Chesh

So who's all travelling through to this one.

I personally was uncertain before the Dumbarton game but the 1st half performance has convinced me to get up to the game as i believe we can put in a good showing.

Same Starting 11 as Tuesday given that there is no Injuries or quality signings before then

Ramsbottom

McAlister  Mclean Grant
Salkeld                                              Strapp
                        Jacobs     Lyon
             Cadden                       Nesbit
                                Sutton

For all accounts Motherwell were not too impressive at QOTS on Saturday (compounded by Annan getting a draw there on Tuesday) 

I'm hoping we can take at least a point from this one.                  

Im making perfect sense, your just not keeping up.

My Twitter - 
https://twitter.com/RJChesh

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We haven't won there since 1970 - a 2-0 win in a League Cup Group stage match. 

Nearest I've seen there was in the two cups in 90-91 - that 4-3 travesty in the League Cup and the 0-0 draw in the Scottish Cup (which Motherwell went on to win).

Overdue a result, Morton - let's make it happen.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Last time i went to Motherwell i left at half time along with hundreds of others then we got chucked out the pub we were in for  " our own safety "  just as the Scotland vs England Six Nations match was about to start because the mutant Motherwell fans were getting rowdy.

Horrible town with horrible people.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Always remember going there in the late 90s. Not so much for the football (3-0 I think we lost) but more for a young chap a bit further forward than we were, shouting abuse at the Motherwell players. With his dad sitting next to him I feared the worst as he yelled something that suggested Owen Coyle may have enjoyed the company of young boys. We all look on as his dad raises his hand in the air... and ruffles the cheeky little scamps hair in an approving manner.

I also feel I’m going to fall down the stairs there for some reason, maybe tomorrow.

Always remember going there in the late 90s. Not so much for the football (3-0 I think we lost) but more for a young chap a bit further forward than we were, shouting abuse at the Motherwell players. With his dad sitting next to him I feared the worst as he yelled something that suggested Owen Coyle may have enjoyed the company of young boys. We all look on as his dad raises his hand in the air... and ruffles the cheeky little scamps hair in an approving manner.

I also feel I’m going to fall down the stairs there for some reason, maybe tomorrow.

Owen Coyle scored all three that night.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

If we can get out of that hovel with a narrow defeat then we'll be in a decent position to progress from the group - anything better than that would be a real bonus. While we looked going forward our defence looked (understandably) distinctly ropey under what little pressure that rabble put on it on Tuesday night, so I still fear that our usual Fir Park bleaching is on the cards. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

My only concern is that if our new  keeper is as shaky as some are making out, then our decent looking back three will be bricking it in front of him, preventing them from playing their normal game. Apart from that i would be quite confident of giving Motherwell a decent game.

If we can get out of that hovel with a narrow defeat then we'll be in a decent position to progress from the group - anything better than that would be a real bonus. While we looked going forward our defence looked (understandably) distinctly ropey under what little pressure that rabble put on it on Tuesday night, so I still fear that our usual Fir Park bleaching is on the cards.

Hovel😀

I wouldn't be surprised to see Millar play wingback. Salkeld was impressive on Tuesday and I love how willing to get stuck in he was so surprised he's not involved.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Archived