Queens v Morton - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Queens v Morton

Alibi

Weather forecast tomorrow is for gale force winds at around 3pm, & I think there's rain or sleet likely too.  If anyone is thinking of getting the train down, I'd suggest a bus from Buchanan Street bus station might be quicker as there's a slow replacement bus service between Kilmarnock & Dumfries due to a lansdslide.

Queens seem to be an absolute disaster at the moment so fair to say BTTS is the most likely outcome.  A draw would be OK for us but a win would take the pressure off as we'd be 9 ahead of Queens with 10 games to go, and Thistle are a couple of points behind them too.  Any time I've seen them this season (3 games against us) they seem to knock the ball about well, but we're due a win against them and I think we are better than we were whereas they have lost 3 of their best players in the window.  If our central defence actually defends properly for once, this is a very winnable game.  We now seem to win our away games and draw our home games so let's hope that continues tomorrow.  I expect Hopkin will start with the usual suspects but I'd like to see Reece Lyon back on the bench at least.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buses are fucking useless; place yourself in the Solway Firth for that suggestion.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

After the disappointment of the Alloa draw and the superb comeback against Ayr, this is a chance to get another three points on the board. After the comeback win, I'm pretty sure the team will be treating it as such. QoS are in a sorry state whereas we're starting to improve a bit. Time to kill them off.

EOho8Pw.png

Buses are fucking useless; place yourself in the Solway Firth for that suggestion.

Once you reach 17 you can get yourself a car. However at the moment train is a very slow option due to the line being shut. But do whatever you want. Your choice.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Once you reach 17 you can get yourself a car. However at the moment train is a very slow option due to the line being shut. But do whatever you want. Your choice.

No because you just go via Carlisle or Lockerbie instead, so it’s in fact quicker than usual.

Thanks for playing anyway.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Pars 1-0 Utd

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Tumilty has played well since he came back. The club were daft to let him go without bringing a natural replacement in

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Just realised that the "0-1" post above meant we were winning!

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Tumilty has played well since he came back. The club were daft to let him go without bringing a natural replacement in

Defensively I think there’s still a lot of questions around him (see last week) but going forward he makes a world of difference.

I think that was a good move by sending Tumilty out on loan. He has came back a more tactically aware and competent player, with grateful thanks to Jim Duffy Esq. With the benefit of hindsight last season was a bit too soon for him, and playing in that defence was hanging him out to dry when he was just a young inexperienced defender.

*insert signature here*

Archived