So America Decided - Page 25 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

So America Decided

Bawheid

It's more the erosion of the office of the president that I'm thinking about rather than any individual spat. Many still see the POTUS as being the leader of the free world (whatever that means) and the authority that comes with it is being damaged as we leap from self inflicted crisis to crisis.

Given what the last 15 years of American global leadership has wrought, I'm surprised that there's anyone left thinking that this is anything other than an unqualified boon to global security.

Isn't Sweden's rape 'epidemic' as much to do with the way rape is categorised (broad definition) and reported (individual instances within a pattern are reported individually where often they are counted as a single occurrence)?

I don't know, is it? Do you think Sweden's rape statistics are invalid? What do you mean by the second part?

EOho8Pw.png

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given what the last 15 years of American global leadership has wrought, I'm surprised that there's anyone left thinking that this is anything other than an unqualified boon to global security.

I think the only unqualified boon will be in the boardrooms of Northrop Grumman, Lockheed Martin etc

I don't know, is it? Do you think Sweden's rape statistics are invalid? What do you mean by the second part?

Not invalid - just different and difficult to draw comparative conclusions. So (on the second part) to take a crude example - say someone stayed in mixed halls at uni and was found to have regularly sneaked into a female flat mate's room as she slept and penetrated her with a finger - in many countries that wouldn't be classed as rape at all (because she can't withhold her consent if she's asleep and/or the act falls short of penile penetration); in other countries it would be reported as a single instance (a pattern of behaviour by one individual against another); in Sweden (a) it would be classed as rape and (.b.) each individual instance would be reported separately. This in large part accounts for Sweden's comparatively high rate. Which isn't to say it's wrong or invalid - just that the stats need to be analysed on their own merits.

That's fair. I mean, I get that rape has different definitions, but I think they surely should treat every incident as a separate one. Right? I mean if you rob a shop ten times that seems different from robbing it once.

EOho8Pw.png

That's fair. I mean, I get that rape has different definitions, but I think they surely should treat every incident as a separate one. Right? I mean if you rob a shop ten times that seems different from robbing it once.

I guess so, though I can't pretend to be an expert on this stuff so there might well be a good reason why not.

• 2 months later...

I give him a solid B grade so far. Healthcare has been a complete fuckup - granted that is mostly down to Congress, but he has the bully pulpit and needs to be doing better. Meanwhile illegal incursious across the southern border are down something like 80%, there is decent evidence that MS-13 is finally being confronted, employment, while slowing a bit, is still increasing... all this while weathering deep state attacks that would have sank anyone else.

My hope is that he can continue the good work on immigration and foreign policy behind the scenes while the media attention is 100% on the whole Russia thing, which everyone will hopefully feel a bit stupid about, given that we all know deep down it's a nothingburger but we need to put on our big frowny faces and pretend that the same "anonymous sources" who told a pack of lies during the election are going to be different this time. Make no mistake - the establishment's bluff has been called. They wanted An Urgent Investigation. Now they're going to get it, good and hard.

EOho8Pw.png

So now, having not watched the rally, he hears, "heh, DRUMPF said there was a TERROR attack in SWEDEN when there WASN'T, there was only terror attacks in Germany, Nice, Paris, and Brussels, and Sweden only has problems with RAPE, not TERROR". Again, Joe Sixpack didn't watch the speech and otherwise didn't care, but now the entire media is falling over itself to amplify Trump's claims. It also puts "terror" and "Sweden" in the same sentence - if you will, as a linguistic timebomb.

Less than two months later, a sentient truck attacked privileged Swedes and tried to frame an innocent Uzbek.

I keep thinking that eventually people will stop thinking Trump is stupid. You can think him evil, sure, or without empathy, or shallow. But people are going to keep on thinking he's stupid in the face of all the evidence.

EOho8Pw.png

For the sake of balance, today's main* version of real-life Carmaggedon seems not to have been the direct result of open borders. So, there's that.

*there was a similar incident just a few miles away on Staten Island that was unrelated and apparently accidental.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived