Has Greenockmorton.org Banned Mj? - Page 21 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Has Greenockmorton.org Banned Mj?

Rhubarb Mess

I wanted to say that I read through the MJ Banned thread, and I'm disgusted. First and foremost, I don't know what transpired with the thread in question (which led to his ban) since I didn’t see it, but I think that MJ got a bad shake. This is why:

1). Take into consideration the rules that were posted and scrutinized....certain people on this board have hammered me consistently because of where I'm from, perceived ideas of what I stand for, and for whatever reason they wanted to. Yet, nobody has ever been banned because of it (again, the appropriate rules come into effect, yet if they were enforced, then only a hand full of people would be here....most likely friends of the mods or owners).

2). From what I can perceive, MJ brought up some questions about the fundraiser that the original thread was about. From there, he was hammered….and it turned personal.

3). True, MJ sought legal advice because of perceived personal attacks that could have an effect on his career and professional reputation, but he felt he needed to at some point. Remember, a professional reputation is much different than once on this board, or any other personal one…although they can both supplement or detriment each other. Slander, libel and defamation of character are all actionable torts, in both common law (in the US and the UK) and in the other laws of the UK. MJ is correct in bringing this to the attention of his attorney.

4). I read his blog for more info, and it seemed that someone posted a PM from him into the general forum for all to read. A PM is just that…personal in nature…and this is a violation of his right to privacy. Again, this is another actionable tort for which he is absolutely correct in bringing up to his attorney.

5). As for the potential litigation by MJ, not only can he go after MidTONS, but he can also sue the Mods involved and the site’s owner as they only banned him, and not the one making allegations (and admittedly false ones at that) about him. In addition, and although it may be a stretch, he may even be able to sue GMFC because “Tontast1c” owns the server that this forum, and his picture forum, are both based on. Since he’s “an official photographer” for GMFC, he then is employed by them thus his placing his pictures and this site on one server make both sites one and the same. Therefore, MJ can (in theory anyway) sue both for damages.

6). I, of course, hope that I’m wrong in that this may indeed happens. It would be a travesty to both the club and this site, and to the fans of both.

Again, MJ got a bad deal. I would not be saying that if he AND MidTONS (or whoever else was involved) also got banned.

I’m hoping that cooler heads will prevail, and that (as stated here) both sides can come together and settle things without actual litigation.

PS---No offense to you, MidTONS, or to anyone else on the board.

It's just not going to go away is it big man. :)

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wanted to say that I read through the MJ Banned thread, and I'm disgusted. First and foremost, I don't know what transpired with the thread in question (which led to his ban) since I didn’t see it, but I think that MJ got a bad shake. This is why:

1). Take into consideration the rules that were posted and scrutinized....certain people on this board have hammered me consistently because of where I'm from, perceived ideas of what I stand for, and for whatever reason they wanted to. Yet, nobody has ever been banned because of it (again, the appropriate rules come into effect, yet if they were enforced, then only a hand full of people would be here....most likely friends of the mods or owners).

2). From what I can perceive, MJ brought up some questions about the fundraiser that the original thread was about. From there, he was hammered….and it turned personal.

3). True, MJ sought legal advice because of perceived personal attacks that could have an effect on his career and professional reputation, but he felt he needed to at some point. Remember, a professional reputation is much different than once on this board, or any other personal one…although they can both supplement or detriment each other. Slander, libel and defamation of character are all actionable torts, in both common law (in the US and the UK) and in the other laws of the UK. MJ is correct in bringing this to the attention of his attorney.

4). I read his blog for more info, and it seemed that someone posted a PM from him into the general forum for all to read. A PM is just that…personal in nature…and this is a violation of his right to privacy. Again, this is another actionable tort for which he is absolutely correct in bringing up to his attorney.

5). As for the potential litigation by MJ, not only can he go after MidTONS, but he can also sue the Mods involved and the site’s owner as they only banned him, and not the one making allegations (and admittedly false ones at that) about him. In addition, and although it may be a stretch, he may even be able to sue GMFC because “Tontast1c” owns the server that this forum, and his picture forum, are both based on. Since he’s “an official photographer” for GMFC, he then is employed by them thus his placing his pictures and this site on one server make both sites one and the same. Therefore, MJ can (in theory anyway) sue both for damages.

6). I, of course, hope that I’m wrong in that this may indeed happens. It would be a travesty to both the club and this site, and to the fans of both.

Again, MJ got a bad deal. I would not be saying that if he AND MidTONS (or whoever else was involved) also got banned.

I’m hoping that cooler heads will prevail, and that (as stated here) both sides can come together and settle things without actual litigation.

For the final time Mj was not banned for his views, or disagrement with midtons.

"Boy, I got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals."

For the final time Mj was not banned for his views, or disagrement with midtons.

For being the biggest bell-end in the world? :)

The funniest part of Trick's post defending MJ was the bit about PMs being posted .. who would do such a thing? Oh, wait ...

Anyway, I don't know what you're all crying about - the mod's will bottle it and let the t*** back at some point. I bet he's posting more inane s*** within weeks.

TTG JIM!!!

That's not what he was banned for

That's not what he was banned for

This is what he was banned for, but if we all ran to our lawyers any time MJ personally insulted us MJ would have been in jail a long time ago

That's not what he was banned for...plus good, the stupid old fool should understand how the internet works

No he can't

No it isn't, stupid old fool ruined the board for a long time

No he didn't, the rest shouldn't

There wont be

Midtons...you're a baldy bam

seor-gif-shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif

For being the biggest bell-end in the world? :)

The funniest part of Trick's post defending MJ was the bit about PMs being posted .. who would do such a thing? Oh, wait ...

Anyway, I don't know what you're all crying about - the mod's will bottle it and let the t*** back at some point. I bet he's posting more inane s*** within weeks.

nah i think the mods realise this time that he's not worth the hassle.

btw, trick, that is a classic post. one of the all-time greats. where would we be without the rule of law? :lol:

the guy below loves the boaby.

Trick, you couldn't be more wrong.

MJ will cry about it to anyone who'll listen and unfortunately a few mugs will be taken in but his ban has been 3 years in the making, the latest debacle being the final straw.

After all the personal abuse he's dished out he's only got himself to blame, how funny that he turned out to be so precious in the end.

His blog effort is just public recognition of his utter uselessness.

Along the track the train came puffin, Morton 1 Celtic nuffin.

MJ is getting access to the threads on here so he will see this.

Thanks for the offer 44 Tonne - I hope common sense prevails.

TonInDublin

Why ?

If he is banned, why does he have access to the board ?

:blink:

Why ?

If he is banned, why does he have access to the board ?

:blink:

Oh, I think we both know the answer to that Ian.

Because he got in contact with me via another means and was able to show me the quotes from the threads, up to and including a response I posted yesterday morning. So either he has another way of viewing the board or one of his friends on here is sending him the threads as they appear.

By the way, Trick, so near and yet so far.

If you actually READ your own post, then you get the answer of why we had to do what we had to do. No one wants anyone banned - ever. I certainly don't.

Having said that you're right on a couple of things - and I agreed with you in my earlier post.

Only midTOns and Ernie can sort themselves out between them.

The questions around the by now infamous night out still need to be answered.

We control neither of those.

And for the record, whilst I would openly declare I am good friends with Jim cos he's helped me a lot over the years being an ex-pat, I have met the man once - and a good night on the drink it was too ! But ..... I would also classify myself as a friend and a very good defender of MJ's - something we both agreed on in mails we have swapped over the years.

So anything that has been done has NOTHING to do with an old pals act, and lots to do with securing the future of this board.

TonInDublin

Two Uniteds but the soul is one, as the Busby Babes carry on.

Archived