Download Festival - Page 2 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Download Festival

Thrax

Def Leppard and Whitesnake have self confirmed to play the Sunday at Download this year.

Cannae beat a bit of cheesey old rock to finish your weekend :lol:

Might need to dig out my Hallowe'en mullet wig for this one I think! B)

I spit in the face of people who don't want to be cool!

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got offered a ticket to see Whitesnake when they were touring a few years ago, with Deep Purple? Love 'Here I Go Again' but not sure the rest of their material is all that great.

Love Leppard. 'Photograph' and 'Two Steps Behind' are probably me favs!

"In a country lacerated by the sharp shards of broken brown-eyed promises, in a world bent low by the burden of disease, war and the price of Thunderbird, who is left to make full account of God and Britain's depleted moral mini bar? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken Caesar!"

TRIVIUM! TRIVIUM! TRIVIUM! f***ING GET IN! One of the best live acts out there at the moment IMHO. Sonisphere can feck off, Download wins!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: post of the thread so far!!!

Taking it your happy wi that announcement then?

I'm smart and I want respect!

Def Leppard

Whitesnake

Limp Bizkit

Trivium

:) 3 oota 4 aint bad there

...you are going to have to point out them :P

Def Leppar and Whitesnake fit in the Kiss segment for me. Know 2/3 songs but no chance I could watch a whole set.

Limp Bizkit would be mildly interesting.

Trivium can away and shoit.

seor-gif-shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif

...you are going to have to point out them :P

Def Leppar and Whitesnake fit in the Kiss segment for me. Know 2/3 songs but no chance I could watch a whole set.

Limp Bizkit would be mildly interesting.

Trivium can away and shoit.

puggs...you really dont get the point of these events :P most bands are only getting half hour/45 minute slots so your getting a kind of "best of" set from everyone. The headliners and special guests being the exception who get longer. These bands end up spending a helluva lot of money on a stage show that will likely entertain even the least interested person in the crowd....

ALL WHILE YOUR GETTING WRECKED

:mellow:

It is an experience not to be missed. And if someone were to go and it wasnt for them then fine...then you can lambast the biggest names in rock history by saying you dont know any of their tunes

<_>

:P :P :P

I'm smart and I want respect!

So far, Slipknot and Motley Crue are the only ones I'd really love to see, but I wouldn't mind seeing Korn, Devil Driver and Whitesnake, and I imagine The Prodigy would put on a brilliant show even though I'm not too keen on their music.

f*** it, I'm there. :D

Predictions for the Friday night headliner? There's the Heaven and Hell rumours, I'd love it if it was them, but they'll probably go more mainstream. Nickelback and Marilyn Manson being rumoured. Can't see it being Manson after that last performance there though.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

puggs...you really dont get the point of these events :P most bands are only getting half hour/45 minute slots so your getting a kind of "best of" set from everyone. The headliners and special guests being the exception who get longer. These bands end up spending a helluva lot of money on a stage show that will likely entertain even the least interested person in the crowd....

ALL WHILE YOUR GETTING WRECKED

:mellow:

It is an experience not to be missed. And if someone were to go and it wasnt for them then fine...then you can lambast the biggest names in rock history by saying you dont know any of their tunes

<_>

:P :P :P

You're right...I honestly don't think I do. And it would take a very decent line up for me to chuck in the money needed to go. What can I say? I'm just not willing to pay about £250 to go see a bunch of bands I have a passing interest in. But at the same time people wont get why I'll pay about £180 all in to go to a pipe band comp in Ireland in the summer.

...but more power to all who do go...yous do love it! I'll just stick to my pipe band comps :P

seor-gif-shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif

Three more bands to be announced at 7pm tomorrow night. I wonder if it will include the Friday night headliner? :unsure:

Hope so, just wish they'd get on with it.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Archived