Prince Harry - Page 3 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Prince Harry

xj2006

Only because one takes it as offensive while the other is grown up enough not to be insulted by it.

People take offense when offense is intended, that's the whole point.

I've already said that many, mainly older, people use the term with no offense intended. But many more people do use it as a racial slur, that's an undeniable fact.

I'm sure most Asian people can differentiate between the two.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why the need for personal insults mate?

Get your f***ing facts right before you accuse. I was referring to the PC brigade evident in the UK, not any individual on here. You seem to be getting good at pointing others apparent discrepancies lately.

If I want to personally insult folk you will be the first to know.

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

I've already said that many, mainly older, people use the term with no offense intended. But many more people do use it as a racial slur, that's an undeniable fact.

I work with a lad in work who has become a good friend, he is of pakistani origin and do you know what he refers to himself as? Thats right Packi. He takes no offence and that is good enough for me.

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

I could never see myself using the phrase that Prince Harry has used.

If I was meeting someone new in a foreign country and I thought they were Scottish I would have no problem saying "So, you are a Scot are you?" whereas I would imagine that no sensible person would say to somebody they thought may have been from pakistan "So, you are a Pak1 are you"? That's the diffference I think, most people know it is offensive and wouldn't actually use it - and rightly so. It is a little depressing that people aknowledge that it is offensive to people in society yet claim they will continue using the phrase - it's just a pointless phrase and I wish people would stop using it.

Prince Harry, or whatever, a person held high by the English just because he was born into it, and forced apun us by because of we were forced into a Union no Scots wanted.

How can anyone be the best person for the role as prince just by birth right.

Long live the day Prince William becomes King, and the end of the Union :rolleyes:

PRECISELY!

Do you think your average racist can tell the ethnic and national origins of all people from the Asian sub-continent just by looking at them? I'm fairly sure they generally lump them all together under the same group.

I can't say I know exactly what's meant by 'average racist'. Calling any brown man a '*potential ethnic slur removed*' is at the very least ignorant.

If I was meeting someone new in a foreign country and I thought they were Scottish I would have no problem saying "So, you are a Scot are you?" whereas I would imagine that no sensible person would say to somebody they thought may have been from pakistan "So, you are a Pak1 are you"? That's the diffference I think, most people know it is offensive and wouldn't actually use it - and rightly so. It is a little depressing that people aknowledge that it is offensive to people in society yet claim they will continue using the phrase - it's just a pointless phrase and I wish people would stop using it.

No it's NOT-not where I live, as I've clearly described.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

Is that a threat? :unsure:

A "threat" to personally insult somebody :blink: Know something, you can be a right fanny at times CHC -_-

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

Maybe it is because I am younger, but I have no doubt the word is dying out. Very few of my friends tend to use the term at all and even then it is very rarely through any kind of malice.

I reckon by the next generation the word will be fairly rare...I don't see it ever leaving, in both non-malice terms and malice however.

seor-gif-shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif

Fell free to get drepssed then.

Who deemed it offensive in the first place? It's only offensive when followed by words like c***, b*****d etc as in German c***, Belgian b*****d, Dutch w*nker, Scots p***k etc.

If I turn to my wife and say to her, "Do you fancy a Chinky tonight", who am I offending? I am referring to food but the PC brigade also have this marked as a slur on nationality. Where does it f***ing end?

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

I don't know what I did or said to deserve that, I'm sure I've never resorted to personal abuse against you.

Feel free when you want to. :angry:

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

Who deemed it offensive in the first place? It's only offensive when followed by words like c***, b*****d etc as in German c***, Belgian b*****d, Dutch w*nker, Scots p***k etc.

If I turn to my wife and say to her, "Do you fancy a Chinky tonight", who am I offending? I am referring to food but the PC brigade also have this marked as a slur on nationality. Where does it f***ing end?

Once again, it's all down to intent.

If you say 'Chinky' to your wife and do not mean it as a insult, then so be it. Others however certainly do use that term as a racial slur against Chinese, so using it in public can lead to misunderstandings.

I suggest you should be venting your anger at those who have hi-jacked the use of words like 'Pak1' and 'Chinky' for racial slurs, rather than those who find them offensive as a result.

The poor chicken or cow, your about to eat :rolleyes:

I agree with what your saying, but in a PC world where this little chap see himself to be in, the word "*potential ethnic slur removed*" is not the best word he could have come out with.

Anyway, his Dad was running about on his maw for years, his maw played the public better than most and if she wisnae deed, his new Step Dad was a *potential ethnic slur removed*

Archived