God - Page 25 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

God

Guest se65an

There's nothing wrong with that.

LIve and let live and deal with things your own way.

I agree that I feel guilty at funerals and the like. I want to believe. Selfishly, but also for those mourning too.

With regards to the big burney fire, I'm reminded of an excellent one man live show that Rowan Atkinson did in the early nineties.

http://uk.youtube.com/results?search_query..._type=&aq=f

(none seem to be working for me)

Lights up, with him standing in a suit, normal apart from a little pair of red horns and a clipboard and pen.

Sorting out the new entrants to Hell.

Ticking off different groups of people as he goes, he asks, "Athiests? Any athiests? Just make your way over here (pause) I bet you're feeling pretty bloody foolish now, eh? "

Writing about music is like dancing about architecture - Laurie Anderson

Yer Dong

Allan Moore, yer wife's a very nice woman,

we're gonna win the league for sure.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO there is no God.

I hope there is somesort of after life, cos I speak with ma Dad everyday, and if not, it makes me out to be some sort of nutter.(Gld Ravenscraig is shut)

God and religion, IMO are born out of the need to understand things we never will.

IMO there is no God.

I hope there is somesort of after life, cos I speak with ma Dad everyday, and if not, it makes me out to be some sort of nutter.(Gld Ravenscraig is shut)

God and religion, IMO are born out of the need to understand things we never will.

Why didn't you just say that to start with-look at all the trouble you've caused! :lol:

As I said earlier when I managed to get a word in edgeways between the usual up their own erses intelligentsia posts-God cannot be proven or dis-proven.

I believe in a higher power-I believe that any individual can have his own 'higher power'.

So-in the mortal words of Dave Allen-'May your higher power go with you'! :angel:

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

Why didn't you just say that to start with-look at all the trouble you've caused! :lol:

As I said earlier when I managed to get a word in edgeways between the usual up their own erses intelligentsia posts-God cannot be proven or dis-proven.

I believe in a higher power-I believe that any individual can have his own 'higher power'.

So-in the mortal words of Dave Allen-'May your higher power go with you'! :angel:

So what you saying here, you saying am going to win the lottery and buy Cappielow one day? Or is someone going to spike my drink tonight and make me feel like a god. :rolleyes:

So what you saying here, you saying am going to win the lottery and buy Cappielow one day? Or is someone going to spike my drink tonight and make me feel like a god. :rolleyes:

I said that the 'Higher Power' is IMO an individual matter-possibly just an extension of the conscious mind to a different level. In some ways I find that far more tangible than the concept of one omnipotence.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

FFS, is this thread still going? Clearly it is an attempt to give us all some idea of the concept of infinity.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

This thread is seriously brutal.

My thoughts, for what they're worth, is that religion (and in a roundabout way, a belief in God) is one of the major factors in many people not using their one precious and extremely limited chance at life to the fullest. To me that's enough reason to discard it.

However, the flipside to that is the times when I talk to the friends and family I've lost as though they were in heaven waiting on me to join them. It does give comfort.

I hope there's a heaven but don't believe there is. I'm of the 'switching off a light' belief - if I'm wrong, will God reject me for this flaw which is merely human nature?

It’s funny that. Ronnie O’Sullivan used to be the wild man of snooker- drink, drugs and sex. He then looked at his friends and started to question if there was more to life :blink: . He got rehab and turned to various religions. He did not find his answer until he became teetotal and a serious jogger. All hail the big trainer in the sky.

Kindest Regards

“Man cannot make a worm, yet he will make gods by the dozenâ€

Well in terms of catholic schools in times gone by as catholics were not allowed to go to school with protestants (non denominationals) the church set up and funded its own schools then subsequently when they proved to be so successful the government decided to state fund them again.

That was 90 years ago... please move on.

Kindest Regards

I said that the 'Higher Power' is IMO an individual matter-possibly just an extension of the conscious mind to a different level. In some ways I find that far more tangible than the concept of one omnipotence.

Am more of a monkey/ape/human theory person.

Though I will state there are 'Ghosts' out there

I read all of this last night.

...why did I?

And why do I keep coming back for more?!?!

I guess I want to see if Nacho gets struck by lightning anytime soon, that may prove something.

But if he doesn't does that disprove something?

Oooh the problems!

seor-gif-shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif

...why did I?

I guess I want to see if Nacho gets struck by lightning anytime soon, that may prove something.

Oooh the problems!

If he does the neighbours will think there's a new 'greasy spoon' round the corner. :ph34r:

YER BARD

...why did I?

Oooh the problems!

I don't think either would prove especially much tbh :P

EOho8Pw.png

That was 90 years ago... please move on.

Yes but it goes against the constant there shouldnt be catholic schools arguement. Also would you say to a black person slavery is in the past move on or would you accept it as hte terrible thing it was. It's also hard to move on in this country when it is still fundamentally bigoted against catholics eg act of settlement, no catholic monarch allowed. Catholic PM still not allowed also?

Yes but it goes against the constant there shouldnt be catholic schools arguement. Also would you say to a black person slavery is in the past move on or would you accept it as hte terrible thing it was. It's also hard to move on in this country when it is still fundamentally bigoted against catholics eg act of settlement, no catholic monarch allowed. Catholic PM still not allowed also?

I'm saying there should be no state faith schools at all, not just Catholic schools. My own school was "non-denom", for which we can read Protestant Christian.

EOho8Pw.png

FFS this seems to go on and on and on.

There is no god, afterlife or some magical place we all go to once we are deed.

God, or religion is born out of a need by humans to justify death and what happens after, also to justifiy life itself.

We are after all only a variant of millons of different animal on earth.

So if there is a god, and all his lovely animals go to an after life in some mad unknown place, f*** being a squid for example, eat, s***, piss, swim, eat, s***, piss, swim, eat, s***, piss, swim, eat, s***, piss, swim, then you die and God then tells you, your now dead and your in heaven, enoy eat, s***, piss, swim, for an eternatity.

Religion was given birtth by poeple trying to explain what they do not.

Could you even imagine a guy called Jesus Christ living in today's world, I think its what we now call a cult, and would be shot down in society.

Also if there is a God, am f***ed, I wiped out half a colony of ants during the summer that tried to make my back garden a home, am now a mass murderer.

Plus I once saw a priest spray roses in the chapel gardens with pesticide, is he doomed

Guest midTONs
FFS this seems to go on and on and on.

There is no god, afterlife or some magical place we all go to once we are deed.

God, or religion is born out of a need by humans to justify death and what happens after, also to justifiy life itself.

We are after all only a variant of millons of different animal on earth.

So if there is a god, and all his lovely animals go to an after life in some mad unknown place, f*** being a squid for example, eat, s***, piss, swim, eat, s***, piss, swim, eat, s***, piss, swim, eat, s***, piss, swim, then you die and God then tells you, your now dead and your in heaven, enoy eat, s***, piss, swim, for an eternatity.

Religion was given birtth by poeple trying to explain what they do not.

Could you even imagine a guy called Jesus Christ living in today's world, I think its what we now call a cult, and would be shot down in society.

Also if there is a God, am f***ed, I wiped out half a colony of ants during the summer that tried to make my back garden a home, am now a mass murderer.

Plus I once saw a priest spray roses in the chapel gardens with pesticide, is he doomed

Your doomed alright.

Your doomed alright.

so far being a good catholic I've manage to side step a murder, 4 rapes, 7 deceptions, 5 breach and one littering and in return I've done 58 hail marys 32 our fathers and 1 station o the cross....beat that

Remember The Alamo --- MORTON 5 THE MIDDEN BUT 1

So now we are talking about something from 300 years ago...please move on.

Even if I was the Grand Master Flash of the Oranje Order there is no way I would be the next monarch. Just like there is no way I would be invited to occupy the official ecclesiastical seat of the Lateran Basilica.

Kindest Regards

Archived