Arsenal - Page 83 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Arsenal

Guest Ghost

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a lack of big game players and just genuine world class talent for the level they are aspiring to play at. Wenger is certainly feeling the pressure with his snappy press conferences.

It could be worse though, look at the money Liverpool have spent in the last 3 years for almost no return.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

It could be worse though, look at the money Liverpool have spent in the last 3 years for almost no return.

But at least they have a trophy to show for it. Arsenal now are just content to finish in the top 4 every year and qualify for the Champions League. I think (or hope) Wenger will go at the end of the season, he has done as much as he can. Time for some fresh blood.

I like Wenger and I like the football he tries to get his teams to play. However he has simply been outspent and hasn't been able to replace Fabregas, Nasri etc. Money talks and he just doesn't have enough.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

But at least they have a trophy to show for it. Arsenal now are just content to finish in the top 4 every year and qualify for the Champions League. I think (or hope) Wenger will go at the end of the season, he has done as much as he can. Time for some fresh blood.

Pretty sure I heard he was being offered a new 2 yr deal with a budget of £70 million for the summer

I think his problem is that is he doesn't negotiate with other teams for players. If, for talking sake, he wanted Fellaini and thought he was worth £15 million, he would bid that amount. If Everton asked for £17 million, he would walk away. That's why Arsenal doesn't have the world class players that they need to be a top team again.

• 1 year later...

Archived