For Villa Fans - Page 2 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

For Villa Fans

Guest GibbyTON

It definitely was.

I watched the match on Setanta and I'm not optimistic for the season ahead.

We need to get David Bentley. We also desperately need a right-back - Craig Gardner toiled there the whole of the game last night.

Brad Friedel will be a good signing though.

MON has moved back to Newcastle's James Milner as a target.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why is that funny? He's a cracking keeper and will do a great job for the Baggies next season. Could be the difference in staying up or going down.

I think Salty's point here is that now that WBA have bought him for £3 million Villa can't waste £10 million on him.

My faith in Carson went down after a series of blunders last season - for Villa and England. I'm glad Villa didn't buy him but agree he should be a good signing for West Brom.

Why is that funny? He's a cracking keeper and will do a great job for the Baggies next season. Could be the difference in staying up or going down.

As Jackie says, whatever a player linked with Villa is transferred for, MON will be offered them at about three times that amount, and is gullible enough to pay it (see Stan Petrov and Nigel Reo-Coker).

He was absolutely hopeless at times for us throughout last season, and single-handedly (although at times Zat Knight tried his best to help out) cost us the 5th spot IMO.

---------------------

In other news, we actually won a friendly! Finished Walsall 2 Villa 3 in the annual friendly.

Goals from Shaun Maloney (2) and Wayne Routledge :o

In other news, we actually won a friendly! Finished Walsall 2 Villa 3 in the annual friendly.

Goals from Shaun Maloney (2) and Wayne Routledge :o

Gareth Barry played for an hour and was booed by the Villa fans. :)

TTG JIM!!!

Gareth Barry played for an hour and was booed by the Villa fans. :)

Typical, he shouldn't be booed. He's been a great servant to the club, albeit a bit disrespectful over the last month or so.

But he's been at Villa Park for a decade or so, and will bring in at least £15 million. The fans who spent the whole £1 odd to get the train up to Walsall should remember that!!

Interesting article on Villa's Scottish youngster Barry Bannan

For an under-18s player who has just signed, he really hasn't grasped that he's unlikely to play any time soon.

"We are also taking part in the Intertoto Cup and, as we have a small squad at the moment, I’m hoping I might get a chance then as well. There are also the Carling Cup games, when a lot of Premiership teams give their reserves and youth players an opportunity to play, so there are chances there for me."

:lol:

That's like Jim signing for Barcelona and playing in the Champions league, ahead of Lionel Messi!

For an under-18s player who has just signed, he really hasn't grasped that he's unlikely to play any time soon.

"We are also taking part in the Intertoto Cup and, as we have a small squad at the moment, I’m hoping I might get a chance then as well. There are also the Carling Cup games, when a lot of Premiership teams give their reserves and youth players an opportunity to play, so there are chances there for me."

That's like Jim signing for Barcelona and playing in the Champions league, ahead of Lionel Messi!

He's 18 and has been at Villa four years.

I don't think it's anything like that. I agree he's probably not going to see much action, if any, but Villa's squad is threadbare.

He's 18 and has been at Villa four years.

I don't think it's anything like that. I agree he's probably not going to see much action, if any, but Villa's squad is threadbare.

Just re-read it, should have said just signed professional terms.

He's only an under-17 international though, and there's 8 of the reserve/youth team capped at a higher level.

Carson the latest player telling Barry to sign for Liverpool Carson encourages Barry to move

We've already told him to basically f*** off if we get offered what we want for him.

The only people stopping Gareth from playing for Liverpool are Liverpool themselves!

Why does that numpty feel the need to stick his nose in? Just because we refused to pay sill money for a second rate goalkeeper!

Blackburn have given us permission to talk to Brad Friedel, although the £2.5 million MON is willing to pay for a 37 year old is ludicrous!! BBC Sport

I'd much rather use the money and sign Paul Robinson (add a million) or Ben Foster!!

I'd have Carson ahead of Robinson any old day of the week.

I'll never understand that criticism that Carson took from some Villa fans, IMO the 10million transfer tag is to blame for much of it.

He had a good season at Villa, unfortunately he was saddled with Rafa's mad 10M tag. Had he spent the season as Carson the 3.5 million keeper he might of received a fairer press.

Robinson on the other hand was utter gash when I saw him. Confidence wrecked and full of mistakes.

He started the game at VP as Englands #1 according to the Spurs fans, every time he gaffed the Villa fans demoted him. Think he finished the game as Englands #8....

Along the track the train came puffin, Morton 1 Celtic nuffin.

Blackburn have given us permission to talk to Brad Friedel, although the £2.5 million MON is willing to pay for a 37 year old is ludicrous!! BBC Sport

I'd much rather use the money and sign Paul Robinson (add a million) or Ben Foster!!

I'm not sure it is - I'd say you could get two more years out of Friedel. I can't think of a better keeper for the price. Van Der Sar is the same age and playing for the champions.

On the Carson Robinson debate - I wouldn't have either of them. :P

On the Carson Robinson debate - I wouldn't have either of them. :P

Given the choice between Carson and Robinson I'd probably pick Friedel as well :P

Along the track the train came puffin, Morton 1 Celtic nuffin.

Archived