The Football Manager Thread - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Football Manager Thread

RedSoxBlueHoops

Is available now from the website for those who are interested. Got all the signings and releases sorted and Millar's away at the end of the season. If you got your editor you might wanna switch it about a bit as McInally and Clark are still in charge and they still have McGurn down as player/coach and not player/gk coach

Team's a wee bit worse as well it seems. Maybe they tinkered with the game a bit in the update but I'm not doing as well as usual.

Morton F.C.
Renfrewshire Football League Champions since 1895

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is available now from the website for those who are interested. Got all the signings and releases sorted and Millar's away at the end of the season. If you got your editor you might wanna switch it about a bit as McInally and Clark are still in charge and they still have McGurn down as player/coach and not player/gk coach

Team's a wee bit worse as well it seems. Maybe they tinkered with the game a bit in the update but I'm not doing as well as usual.

probably just trying to make it realistic. :P

apparently some people arent happy because players like rooney, ronaldo etc's stats have decreased quite a lot while people like Elano have been made into some kind of footballing god.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

If they disagree they can Data-Edit it to their heart's content.

Or it's an excuse for them being really shyte after going ManUre and finishing second bottom of the EPL after an Elano hattrick helped Man City to a 5-1 win against them on the last day of the season.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

So with the new patch out, and a couple of conversations about it elsewhere, who's playing good old Footy Manager '08 then? We've had a couple of big threads in the past, but let's try and keep it all in here from now on.

Got any killer tactics or little known wonderkids you want to brag about, let's hear about it then... Who do you play as? Always Morton or some exotic far-flung diddy club that you transform into world beaters? Still playing the older versions and looking for a patch, someone's bound to know where to go... Got a data request for Morton? I'm pretty sure the person responsible for the Morton data is active on this forum (it's not me...) :rolleyes:

For starters:

If you're new to the game, then the SI Games forum is a good place to start, although you'll need to register to get access to the Training and Tactics area.

Looking for graphics for the game, then head over to sortitoutsi.net and there's loads of facepacks, backgrounds etc and the instructions to install them.

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

Football Manager? Pah!

I'm still playing Champ Manager 01/02 :P

Would have agreed for all versions after Cm01-02. They were all utter utter pish compared to 01-02 but FM06 is feckin mint man. Absolutely brilliant game.

Slightly gutted the update is out, means i need to start a new game...doing very well wi the ton just now.

Incidentally, Kastadinov is a feckin Legend!! Brian Allison, signed from FAlkirk is also a trmendous centre back. Pretty decent right back too.

When you walk through a storm
Hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark

What formation(s) do you play? For most of the FM games I played 4-4-2 but I've recently went back to the good old 4-1-2-1-2... Having trouble adapting it for away games in the new version, it was almost untouchable on FM07

What formation(s) do you play? For most of the FM games I played 4-4-2 but I've recently went back to the good old 4-1-2-1-2... Having trouble adapting it for away games in the new version, it was almost untouchable on FM07

4-1-4-1. Two attacking wide men & a target man. The boy Kostadinov averages a goal a game. Some issues with the defence though.

Hold your head up high

Branamir Kostadinov. That is all.

He's mince! Can't get a game for me.

My preferred starting 11 this season has been:

Jones (or something like that, cannae mind)

Shields - Smith - Harding (or is it Greacen?) - Devine

McAlister - MacFarlane - Jenkins - McAnespie

McGowan - Dobbie

Top of the league!

He's mince! Can't get a game for me.

My preferred starting 11 this season has been:

Jones (or something like that, cannae mind)

Shields - Smith - Harding (or is it Greacen?) - Devine

McAlister - MacFarlane - Jenkins - McAnespie

McGowan - Dobbie

Top of the league!

Dobbie is good Deego, but...given the right service...Kostadinov could be great.

Hold your head up high

Dobbie is good Deego, but...given the right service...Kostadinov could be great.

Indeed, I play him as the target with balls played in front of him to run onto, he's superb :D

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Indeed, I play him as the target with balls played in front of him to run onto, he's superb :D

Got to agree. Av. of a goal a game...in the premier too. I'm waiting for Dougie to sell him from under me...Although he's valued at £2.1m so i'm sure I could spend it.

Hold your head up high

Got to agree. Av. of a goal a game...in the premier too. I'm waiting for Dougie to sell him from under me...Although he's valued at £2.1m so i'm sure I could spend it.

He's valued at £4.7m on my game, and some of the big guns in Germany are after him!

Problem is, he won't agree to renew his contract :unsure:

onsP5NR.jpg

He's valued at £4.7m on my game, and some of the big guns in Germany are after him!

Problem is, he won't agree to renew his contract :unsure:

Ah, b*****d. I've got him with 3 years left. thinking of offering a new one now.

Actually, new update. I'm gonna start again...b*****d. I hate that, but it's necessary.

Hold your head up high

Have a look for Jelle Vossen, plays for Genk in Belgium. I got him for £875k at the start of the 09/10 season in the Premiership for Derby. 24 goals later and he was young player of the year...

Archived