Best Takeaway In Inverclyde? - Page 3 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Best Takeaway In Inverclyde?

TheGoon

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any kebab shop that doesn't offer a yoghurt as well as chilli sauce belongs in the sea. Which I think includes every single one in Greater Greenock.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Deactivate.

A good kebab needs both sauces; for a kebab shop to not make and provide on request its own yoghurt sauce is like a chip shop not having vinegar. Only the sort of third-rate vendors previously described in the post at the top of this page try to get away with chilli sauce alone. In the sea they shall go. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Think that's a Yorkshire thing in the UK. 'Garlic sauce' is a richer, fattier alternative that I assume Greenock shops have.

Turkish pickles, especially the little pickled green chile peppers, are popular in London. Those would be a good addition.

EOho8Pw.png

In any case I'd rather go without yogurt than without chili sauce. I was in Freiburg once and the only 'scharf' of any kind they had was chili powder mixed with salt. Very disappointing.

EOho8Pw.png

In a good kebab the meat will be moist (as opposed to greasy) and flavoursome enough for no sauce to be required. Too often sauce is merely being used to disguise the fact the meat is overdone and dry as fuck.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

In a good kebab the meat will be moist (as opposed to greasy) and flavoursome enough for no sauce to be required. Too often sauce is merely being used to disguise the fact the meat is overdone and dry as ****.

This. It's a good kebab if all you need is the meat and the bread.

In a good kebab the meat will be moist (as opposed to greasy) and flavoursome enough for no sauce to be required. Too often sauce is merely being used to disguise the fact the meat is overdone and dry as ****.

A good steak doesn't 'require' a sauce either; the option of adding a sauce though is provided at any credible establishment. In the case of the kebab, a modest amount of yoghurt/garlic sauce (interchangeable) and chilli sause should be the default choices on offer, and any wise customer opts for both. 

A good steak doesn't 'require' a sauce either; the option of adding a sauce though is provided at any credible establishment. In the case of the kebab, a modest amount of yoghurt/garlic sauce (interchangeable) and chilli sause should be the default choices on offer, and any wise customer opts for both. 

This is correct. It's all about the balance.

Sauce is the glory of cuisine IMO, western cuisine at any rate. Great produce doesn't require it but it's enhanced by it.

There is one sauce-laden kebab I've only had once, in London, but it was fucking glorious:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C4%B0skender_kebap

EOho8Pw.png

I'm sure most kebab establishments in Greater Greenock do provide a garlic mayo option.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

This is correct. It's all about the balance.

Sauce is the glory of cuisine IMO, western cuisine at any rate. Great produce doesn't require it but it's enhanced by it.

There is one sauce-laden kebab I've only had once, in London, but it was ****ing glorious:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C4%B0skender_kebap

I had to visit Turkey with a work a few times over the last couple of years, and had more than a few of these.  They put the dry, chili sauce laden monstrosities in the UK to shame.

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

Archived